For Sale: Mike Pereira Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcalcutta

Reaction score
For Sale: Mike Pereira Tenor **SECOND pRICE DROP**

Mike Pereira tenor ukulele. $990.00 REDUCED TO $925. REDUCED AGAIN to $890Paypal'd and shipped CONUS.

Sinker Redwood top, black walnut back and sides, maple body and fretboard bindings, non-radiused ebony fingerboard and bridge. MiSi Trio pickup installed. Very stunning uke. Its build date was Dec 2012.
Amazing sustain and spot on intonation.

There is one 'finish flaw' in the upper bout (below the soundhole) - a sort of dimple shows up when viewed under light at a certain angle. There is no break in the varnish, just a pin point sized tiny depression. It is almost impossible to see and very hard to photograph it. There is also a small mark behind the bridge at the second string from a broken string.

New this would go for over $2000 with the pickup.

2.jpg3.jpg5.jpgIMG_3645[1].JPG

Thanks,
Rob
rob@calcuttacpa.com

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, why are you selling the MP?

Out of curiosity, why are you selling the MP?

I am fairly new to ukuleles and bought a number of them from forum members so I could try different ones. I am now selling a couple to narrow my collection. I knew I could not keep them all.

I know Rob from the Acoustic Guitar Forum where he has outstanding feedback from all of his transactions there. A great price on this MP tenor.

I know Rob from AGF as well. He always has outstanding stuff and is a straight-up guy.

Good luck with your sale, Rob.

Just curious...how would you rate your top 3 tenors?

I'm a big fan of Mike Pereira and this particular instrument. I would buy it if I didn't already have a replica of it.

Good luck with the sale! I just put the new D'Addario EJ53T black nylons on mine and it sounds sweeter than ever.

As the previous owner of this instrument I can attest that it is a very fine instrument. It was my first luthier built uke, the start of a journey that many UUers are also on. It was truly a revelation to experience the jump in quality (tone, playability, spot on intonation, etc) you get for not that much more than a factory uke, especially when you are buying from a previous owner.
A word of warning though, once you take the first step of only considering finely made instruments you can never return to the merely good.

You should list this on Fleamarket Music Marketplace as well to reach a broader but still ukulele-focused audience. Good luck!

Thanks to all for the very nice comments.

This beauty is still available.

As a former MP owner and fan of his work, both aesthetically and acoustically, I'm shocked somebody hasn't snatched this up.

SECOND PRICE DROP $890 PP and shipped

It won't be here much longer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom