Hello everyone.

mikebell48

Reaction score
After giving up guitar 10 years ago, due to arthritic hands, I took up the ukulele six months ago. It's much easier on the hands and I'm making steady progress. Also learning harmonica and awaiting a new 8 string uke.

I'm looking forward to making new friends on the forum.

Welcome Mike,

I didn't decide to concentrate on the uke because of arthritis but figured out after a while that the uke was a lot easier on my arthritic left wrist than the mandolin and guitar.

We could move along with the aches and pains and digestive tract discussion here but maybe I will leave it at welcome.

Hello and welcome. My left wrist, left arm and hand would ache after playing my guitars for a few hours. I never did put an official tag on the problem but I don't have any problems playing the Ukes or even a Guilele. For me they are just smaller, more manageable and a lot less taxing. It took many years for me to discover the Ukulele, but I am very pleased I did. I'm more involved in music and playing now then I ever was and the Ukulele is so much fun to share with others.

Greetings and welcome. Glad you joined us. Arthritis at the base of my thumbs here. Didn't have it when I started, but sure glad uke is my instrument of choice. I too play harmonica, although I need to practice more. Good luck.

Welcome to UU and happy strumming.

Hi Mike and welcome to the UU!!!

Top Bottom