Visit Hawaii for first time

So many things to do, bishop museum, north shore, kahuku shrimp trucks, uke factory tours,
Iolani palace, only palace in the us, tantalus, olf pali road, punchbowl. National cemetary of the pacific,
Ala moana, chinatown, waikiki, lanikai beach, makapuu, sandy beach, waimea, pipeline, kanikapila grill,
Holoholo bar and grill music nites, uke classes at the royal hawaiian shopping center, polynesian cultural center
Run by mormons, haleiwa, kamaka, kosloha, kanilea, koolau and Hawaii mudic store. There is a disney resort aulani,
Of course the diamond head hike too ...have fun on Oahu..

Stan's got a great list to start with. I'm on my 8th (9th?) visit in 11 years and still finding new interesting things to see and do. You can't experience it all in a week or even 3weeks (or 24wks total in my case) BUT you have to start somewhere. If you love outdoor activites, warm weather, great food and friendly folks, you'll find yourself revisiting annually.

If you have a car then I recommend Waimea valley http://www.waimeavalley.net and HMS on the North Shore. Also go to Kailua, stop at Angie's http://www.agnesbakeshop.com for fresh malassadas and hit the beach there (one of the best).

And if you see a shrimp truck, STOP!

Enjoy

MMMM, Agnes' bakery. We stopped in on our way back from Kailua Beach Park for a quick snack. We ordered a half dozen piping hot malasadas straight from the fryer. We scarfed those down in no time and ordered a dozen to go. They're the next best thing to Leonard's. We'll hit up Liliha's new location by the Hilo Hattie and Helena's later this week when the rest of the troops arrive. :)

MMMM, Agnes' bakery. We stopped in on our way back from Kailua Beach Park for a quick snack. We ordered a half dozen piping hot malasadas straight from the fryer. We scarfed those down in no time and ordered a dozen to go. They're the next best thing to Leonard's. We'll hit up Liliha's new location by the Hilo Hattie and Helena's later this week when the rest of the troops arrive. :)
There's another Malasada, shop in mccully on beretania, street http://honolulu.about.com/od/Restaurants/tp/Malasadas.htm

Last edited:
lol....we are forgeting the main attraction on Oahu........mm stan!!!!

I was in Waikiki couple of weeks ago. It was my first trip to Hawaii. I went to the Kamaka factory, hung around a bunch of ukulele shops, spent some time in the country (OMG, the North Shore is a beautiful place), ate at Ramen Ezogiku a bunch of times, had hot & fresh Malasadas from Leonard's almost every day. I was very sad to leave. Very sad. Very. Sad.
And the weird thing was, my near paralyzing (figuratively speaking) Social Anxiety Disorder was almost non-existant.

I was in Waikiki couple of weeks ago. It was my first trip to Hawaii. I went to the Kamaka factory, hung around a bunch of ukulele shops, spent some time in the country (OMG, the North Shore is a beautiful place), ate at Ramen Ezogiku a bunch of times, had hot & fresh Malasadas from Leonard's almost every day. I was very sad to leave. Very sad. Very. Sad.
And the weird thing was, my near paralyzing (figuratively speaking) Social Anxiety Disorder was almost non-existant.

I feel you. I am actually quite shy and very much an introvert. But there is something about that aloha spirit and the friendliness of everyone that gets me out of my shell when I am in Hawaii.

So, ukejolly, did you go to Hawaii? We just returned from a trip to the Big Island and we're going back in June (Maui). Let us know if you still want tips on what to see/do in Hawaii.

If you can make it, the Ukulele Festival Hawaii is:

46th Annual Ukulele Festival
Sunday, July 17, 2016
10:30 am - 5:00 pm
Kapiolani Park Bandstand
in Waikiki, Oahu

an opportunity to hear great ukulele players and music all day for free.

UUer's generally meet up at the HMS vendor tent to jam all day! :)

Lord willing, I'll be there to meet and greet you all at the Uke Fest this summer :)

keep uke'in',

Top Bottom