Ukulele Haiku - 1 min songlets

I love this thread.

Okay, here's a songlet I just wrote, based on the picture I photoshopped a few years ago.

Just one more for now. It's a question I asked myself many times when I was younger.

Here's a haiku songlet about my favorite rock song to play on ukuele - "White Room" by Cream:

Few things can be more
Satisfying than "White Room"
On ukulele

56 seconds!

One more quickie before I head out. Here's where I'm going:

Every Wednesday night
I go play the open mic
At the Sam Ash store

Ash Wednesday!

what's great janet is sometimes i feel too lazy to type up a bigger song's lyrics but there isn't much excuse not to type up a haiku or indeed any song that lasts less than a minute (unless perhaps it's punk or thrash metal and one is singing very very very VERY fast!)

Speaking of Punk or Thrash Metal, here's some mosh pit uke fun with Joo's fabulous painting "Posessions"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygw7yBL93-o

It's on my head (x4)
a car, a chair, a wife a cat
a dog, a hat, my mother in law!
it's on my head (x several)
my bow tie is askew

Last edited:
First time Ive found FB inspirational. It hit me right away :)

Sitting around chewing the fat
Spitting out a tune
Obla dee
La da dee dee
Bet'cha wanna play with me, Come on
Pull up a chair
Deal me in
We're playing for a ukulele

Well, this totally doesn't belong in this thread, because it's 6.5 minutes long and has about 12,000 words ... not to mention you won't be able to see the video till tomorrow because iPhone vids take forever to process - I'll come back and edit it in ... but I had to share it here.

Just before going out to play this evening, I posted three haiku songlets here. The first was about how much I love to play "White Room" on ukulele, the second was about rocking out with a band, and the third was about the Sam Ash open mic, which I left for right after I posted the three vidlets.

At the time, I was planning to play my new original "Same Boat" at the open mic, and maybe the three haiku songlets. I was not planning to rock out with a band on "White Room" at Sam Ash. But ... the stars aligned, and the right people were there, and they wanted to ... and that's what we did.

So I will edit in my way-too-long live video here in the morning ... because somehow all three of my songlets came together and the universe made them all happen ... right after I made them.

So ... what should I write my next haiku songlet about? Winning a million dollars in the lottery? World peace?

Last edited:
Top Bottom