Ukulele Haiku - 1 min songlets

They are super sweet. and the texture is a bit like a tongue....
well they certainly have it all going on!

It is interesting how many of you can look at Joo's pictures and your mind is flooded with lyrics. I look at them and nothing. I don't mean that in a bad way Joo, they are very cool but its just like my mind doesn't see them in a way that produces any particular thoughts...weird.
joo is very sweetly letting us get away with other inspirations too, my first songlet was a haiku about haikus

and my second was inspired by one of rex's eyebrows... admittedly a work of art in itself, but not strictly speaking one of joo's pics

i think basically if you wanna bring a very short song - maybe a haiku and maybe not - maybe inspired by one of the painting or photos joo posts or maybe not, maybe inspired by something else all together - this is defo the place for you

tiny songs
tiny songs
tiny songs
i don't think they're wrong
tiny songs
tiny songs
tiny songs
if you've got one, bring it along

tiny songs live here
tiny songs, do not fear
if you don't like one
don't worry, it'll be over soon
but if you wanna write one
bring it over, we'll be over the moon

bullet_cat1.jpg

No legs would be fun
I thought 'til it came to go
Could not dig to crap

a songlet inspired by joo's voice change song over on the current season https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15us2O2Iz7c

she slowed everything down in her song

i speed everything up in mine

i live in the now
but i like to speed it up
and get to tomorrow faster

i live in the now
but i like to speed it up
it's not a race
but i can't wait to see your face

(in its original un-speeded-up form, this song lasted a whole 44 seconds, i mean come on, who's got time for all that?)

Inksplosive AL said:

Dark, hot and humid
He lurks deep in the shadows
Entertaining dreams

Then Bird's Eye said:

emerging shyly
into the bright light of a
ukulele day?

And I instantly though of this picture View attachment 81381 I took back in 2010 on vacation. Instead of picture inspiring songlet, songlet inspires photo memory (>‿◠)

Last edited:
I went on a search for just how to write a haiku. Besides the 5,7,5 rule. This helped me focus in. Here is what I found.

Haiku (俳句 high-koo) are short poems that use sensory language to capture a feeling or image. They are often inspired by an element of nature, a moment of beauty, or another poignant experience.

This 35 sec video took 4 hours to upload. I figured the shorter the video the faster the upload. Nope! Someone is testing my patience. I have several ideas for this thread but because of the upload time your in lucky. :)

Clouds loosely moving
Are floating while they slumber
I can see their dreams

Last edited:
I've hit my limit on the Wayback Machine, so I can see myself becoming addicted to these songlets!

linda that's super frustrating about the upload time. i hope you WON'T let it stop you bringing wonderfulness - you can write more songs while they upload!

Today is another very stormy day. I recorded the clouds while there was a break for a few hours. I was hoping it would be just an hour to upload. Maybe the internet gods are trying to tell me something.

:mad:

one of our neighbours down the road

just got chickens

and

of course

a cockerel

you might be able to hear him on this vid

TWICE

cockerel crowing
cockerel crowing
cockerel crowing
day and night

cockerel crowing
cockerel crowing
cockerel crowing
it's all right

BirdsEyeView says what?!
"i can't wait to see your face"
When can we see yours?

(Yeah, I know Pa already called her on it, and she on herself, but I was out ... and I wrote this before I saw those comments. I figured by now someone had beaten me to it.)

Top Bottom