Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Thread: Rubin Ukes -> Caramel Ukes

I agree with Choirguy, Caramels are not "The Best Uke's" but they are pretty good for the price. I have a bunch of Zebrawood Caramels in all sizes and play them every day, not all of them but many each day to hear the difference in tones. I have two Ohana's which are much better but cost 3-5 times as much as my Caramels. In fact my Ohana TK-50G (solid Rosewood and Cedar top) is a LOT 'better' that any of my Caramels, but the realistic margin is small. I'm fortunate that I have a local shop that set most of my Caramels up for $15-$30 each and made them easier to play.

Berry picked the cheapest Caramel to review and most of the flaws he cited would have been corrected by a simple setup, as one might expect in a $40 Uke. Berry is quite critical, as expected in a reviewer, but to compare a CT-102 to a Martin isn't very fair.

Quote Originally Posted by buddhuu View Post
    Eight days after my "last point on the topic"? Ok then...will do. This really helped. I feel warm and fuzzy now. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooke View Post
    Eight days after my "last point on the topic"? Ok then...will do. This really helped. I feel warm and fuzzy now. Thanks.
    Aloha brother Dooke -

However justified and/or vindicated you are with your own opinions, I must caution you that it is not wise to antagonize one of the forum moderators (buddhuu)...

Such behavior has gotten folks banned in the past, and/or threads closed, thus killing the conversation and harming everyone else here on the forum.

Maybe now is a time to reflect on one's own motivations, and question the value of persistence along these lines of friction...

All are welcome to express opinions, but direct and open taunting can be seen as hostile, and hostility has no place amongst friends with common interests.

Mahalo and peace to you,

Booli
    Just the FAQs
    "Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go."
    -T. S. Eliot

Well Caramel got my UAS fired up again with the offer of their CP-100 Pocket Zebrawood Sopranino. I have a CT-100, CC-100 and CS-100, and the CP-100 matches them perfectly, except that it doesn't have the carved head stock logo. I couldn't resist any longer. So since today is my birthday (72nd) I sprang for the $41 for the CP-100 and a gig bag. This will complete my collection of Zebrawood Uke's. I also have the glossy Rubin Zwood Travel Tenor, a Sopranino and a glossy Baritone too so I think I'm set for a long long time, unless Caramel comes out with a satin finished CB-100 Baritone!

Thread Information