::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 21!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying not to SQUEEE!!!!
There is a second showing tomorrow.
The reason I just can't squee? It's between 12:30 and 1:45 -- prime tanning time and it's supposed to be 88 degrees tomorrow.

Second showing, same customer? Or, second showing, new customer?

What does your tax guy or gal say?

Do you do your own taxes?

I have the past two years. With the tax guy we paid more.

This year Mika switched to a new position that paid substantially more. I also got a 8.5% raise (our first raise in over ten years) so our combined earnings increased substantially. Make more. Pay more. At least for us normal, non CEO people.

Still sucks!

I have the past two years. With the tax guy we paid more.

This year Mika switched to a new position that paid substantially more. I also got a 8.5% raise (our first raise in over ten years) so our combined earnings increased substantially. Make more. Pay more. At least for us normal, non CEO people.

Still sucks!
do you take standard deductions or do you itemize. We don't itemize.

I'd compare numbers with you because I have a feeling we're similar but this year my tax numbers don't really reflect a normal year for me because of the additional income I received from the interest on my dads estate. We are usually in the 15% bracket, this year was 25%. Because of a mistake hubby's company did last year, we still got a big chunk back this year.

Just have more withheld. That's what I do. I look at it like a savings account. We always get a pretty big check back.

do you take standard deductions or do you itemize. We don't itemize.

I'd compare numbers with you because I have a feeling we're similar but this year my tax numbers don't really reflect a normal year for me because of the additional income I received from the interest on my dads estate. We are usually in the 15% bracket, this year was 25%. Because of a mistake hubby's company did last year, we still got a big chunk back this year.

Just have more withheld. That's what I do. I look at it like a savings account. We always get a pretty big check back.

A zero percent interest savings account. My goal is for zero - no taxes owed, none refunded. I would rather have my own money throughout the year instead of sitting in the US Treasury free of charge.

A zero percent interest savings account. My goal is for zero - no taxes owed, none refunded. I would rather have my own money throughout the year instead of sitting in the US Treasury free of charge.

Oh I know it's stupid to do it this way but it works for me. The timing is perfect for paying my car insurance for the year, paying my property tax, and buying my plan ticket to UWC.

Getting that pretty big check back is not the smartest use of your $. The government hangs onto it interest-free, and pays it back on their terms.
Better to tune your withholding to arrive as close to zero, and invest that "extra" $ in a real savings account.
I use an online only account, harder to spend that $ and better returns.

Rafe Report:
We are traveling to Muncie area for my grand daughters graduation Saturday. From there on to the Smokys. So I will be "wigglin' about" and catch up here as the situation provides for the next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom