::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 21!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would bag them up, take them to the bank, send them through the free machine, cash in the receipt and be done with it.

Most of the bank around here got rid of their coin counting machines in the '90s. They'll take coins, send it off elsewhere, then a deposit shows up. My mom did that a few times, but each time they've screwed up the amount. Can't disput it because the coins are no longer in her possession.

Around the same time that the coin counting machines disappeared from banks, coin counting machines appeared in super markets. They charge a fee to turn coins into paper currency. Someone is cashing it in big time.

Apparently the republican primary is winner take all. And the democrat primary is split. So Bernie gets five more deligates than Hillery. And trump gets all 51 republican deligates. At least that's what I read.
I don't understand the whole deligate thing. But I wonder if Hillary is getting a message. This is the impression I get... I feel like she thinks this is just going to be handed to her. I don't know anyone who voted for her. All the folks I know that lean liberal all voted Bernie...and most say they will vote Trump before they ever vote for her.

Last edited:
Most of the bank around here got rid of their coin counting machines in the '90s. They'll take coins, send it off elsewhere, then a deposit shows up. My mom did that a few times, but each time they've screwed up the amount. Can't disput it because the coins are no longer in her possession.

Around the same time that the coin counting machines disappeared from banks, coin counting machines appeared in super markets. They charge a fee to turn coins into paper currency. Someone is cashing it in big time.

Our grocery stores have counstar machines. They keep a percentage. The bank one is free. I'm sure it makes error but nothing that I've ever noticed.

The Coinstar machine here charges 15%. Too much.

Pere, whatcha gggggetting?

I've been on Beau Hannam's list since the end of 2014. A tenor, redwood top, koa back & sides. He just started it a week ago. I want to capture some Camino Santiago symbolism for the inlay. I love his wood inlays, so maybe a curving path on the headstock.

Today I counted out, and rolled, 2100 pennies. $21.00 worth.

We have a plastic jug that we save pennies in. It originally held some sort of pretzel snacks. Today I noticed that it has gotten so full, and so heavy, that it has cracked. That made me realize that I'd never be able to move it to the new house. So, I've started rolling them.

I think I'm maybe 25% done....

My bank lets you deposit loose change. They dump whatever you bring into a plastic bag and you just give them one of your deposit slips, and a couple of days later you get cash in your account. No sorting, no rolling! I have a cookie jar I dump change in, when it gets full I deposit it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom