::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 21!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ship is just about parked. We have to be out of our room by 8. We will eat breakfast and then wait. Our debarkation time is 10:15. Until then we'll sit in a bar, restaurant or sitting area on the ship. I have cards and books with me to read. Our luggage was taken last night, it'll meet us after we get off the boat. Then we have to go thru customs, that can take awhile. I'm guessing it'll be noon before we're headed home.

Katies picking us up. I hired a van service to bring us here but for the return trip it's too hard to schedule one. When getting off a ship there are too many variables involved to determine when you will actually be off the ship to schedule a car.

The ship is just about parked. We have to be out of our room by 8. We will eat breakfast and then wait. Our debarkation time is 10:15. Until then we'll sit in a bar, restaurant or sitting area on the ship. I have cards and books with me to read. Our luggage was taken last night, it'll meet us after we get off the boat. Then we have to go thru customs, that can take awhile. I'm guessing it'll be noon before we're headed home.

So, was it a great time? Did Mike get to relax and enjoy himself?

I'm going to look into doing a short cruise while we're in Florida. The community there has a travel club, and they've been known to do those. I think I'd love cruising....

Then maybe I can get out early to get headlight bulbs. Fortunately it is the side where you can actually make the swap in 10 minutes or so. The other side requires a person with deformed hands to replace the bulb in fewer than 90 minutes.

So, was it a great time? Did Mike get to relax and enjoy himself?

I'm going to look into doing a short cruise while we're in Florida. The community there has a travel club, and they've been known to do those. I think I'd love cruising....
Oh gosh, yes! He is a happy man. We really enjoyed each other. The last cruise with the kids was a lot of fun, but even thou they are all adults we were still parents. On this one it was just about him and I.

Because we were going to ports in towns we already know, we didn't feel rushed at all. In SF we spent the day seeing Alcatraz, something we hadn't done before. In Santa Barbara it was fun just visiting with Nick and my brother and SIL. In San Diego we took our time on the Midway and in Ensenada we didn't even bother getting off the ship. I spent the entire day laying out in the sun, relaxing. It was great!

We had two full days at sea on this cruise. Those are fun days too. The activities on board are ramped up and there are all sorts of things to see, watch and do. There is always something going on. Don, I think if you took Elaine on a short weekend cruise, she'd enjoy herself.

"parked"??

Both of the countermen I work with at NAPA rely on the computer screen to calculate change. One of them readily admits that he can't do it, at 36 years old. The other one can do it, but says he's too lazy.

I had been working there for months, and waiting on customers that whole time, before I realized the computer screen for the transaction has a field to tell you the change. I guess the reason is that I never enter the amount tendered, and the computer needs that to compute the change.

The guys can't believe that I prefer to count the change out myself....

I hate when people are like here's your change. 14.22....

birth control?

That might be a never-been-breached topic for the thread. We talked about Kenvin's snippage before but that was mostly Kenvin telling us what happened. Then there's upside down doc . . . but other than that I don't know.

:biglaugh: I'm cracking myself up over the dumbest things today.

Thanks for being part of your laughter....

Both of the countermen I work with at NAPA rely on the computer screen to calculate change. One of them readily admits that he can't do it, at 36 years old. The other one can do it, but says he's too lazy.

I had been working there for months, and waiting on customers that whole time, before I realized the computer screen for the transaction has a field to tell you the change. I guess the reason is that I never enter the amount tendered, and the computer needs that to compute the change.

The guys can't believe that I prefer to count the change out myself....

I see that all the time and it boggles my mind, it's simple math, basic stuff. I don't know how many times I had a bill that was something like $4.05 and I give them, $5.25 and they just freeze up or give me the quarter back plus the 95 cents change I didn't want in my pocket.

Customs? Did you leave the country??

I hate when people are like here's your change. 14.22....

Since i was 16 I worked at a video store and they made me count back. Once a scammed team came in to try to hustle me. I said I gotta call the manager and called the cops they took off real quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom