::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 21!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slow day at the fedex.....there was no work so they made some for me....drive my car to garage. Get picked up by uber, uber a ride to car dealer to pick up a truck. Take truck to another driver to switch out and bring back to first garage where my car is. Been waiting for driver at gas station for last 20 mins.... slackers...

I need to think of six inexpensive proteins, veggies, starch. I think I'm going to have my classes have a cooking competition with set ingredients but they won't know their exact ingredient until the day we cook (I don't want them relying on a recipe). Going to give them choices and they're going to draw for what they get. But I need six of each category (protein, starch, veggie, misc) and they need to be fairly inexpensive.

Suggestions?

proteins: garbanzo beans, eggs, sunflower seeds, peanut butter?, fake crab sticks, bacon

starch: rice, two or three types of flour, bacon, saltine crackers

veggie: onions, cilantro, greens, carrots, potatoes, bacon

other: apples, limes, bacon, pineapple, bacon

proteins: garbanzo beans, eggs, sunflower seeds, peanut butter?, fake crab sticks, bacon

Ooooh, I like your list too!

:D Glad to know bacon is a veggie (and a fruit). I just had some in my potato soup!!

Haha... The first CEO of the company I worked with was doing a presentation to the company showing the evolution of our website over time. He mistyped something in the URL and a p*** site came up. He played it off pretty well but it was hilarious!

I told my boss he should check out whitehouse.com once. THAT was hilarious.

Our son was born with Down Syndrome. It's not like there was any question about either his diagnosis or whether he qualified. Yet still we had to bite, scratch, and kick to get the services he needed. At that he was poorly served and didn't make nearly the progress he could have. Not blaming the teachers here. The administrators were biased not to serve. We are long term residents in a community where military families leave after a year. If you can stall on services you can save a lot of money, then invest it more administrators.

Wow. I sound bitter.
No, you don't to me.

You expected some care for your child and it didn't automatically come. It blows my mind at how human beings sometimes treat each other. That the department of education doesn't want to help them all is hard to fathom.

I need to think of six inexpensive proteins, veggies, starch. I think I'm going to have my classes have a cooking competition with set ingredients but they won't know their exact ingredient until the day we cook (I don't want them relying on a recipe). Going to give them choices and they're going to draw for what they get. But I need six of each category (protein, starch, veggie, misc) and they need to be fairly inexpensive.

Suggestions?

Egg is inexpensive protein, right? I guess pork and chicken thighs are too. but you know all that already.
How about Tofu?
All veggies are expensive here.
Starch, well rice, potato, sweet potato, hey corn can kind of do double duty as veg or starch, pasta?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom