::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 21!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T minus 2 days....
Bet you people are ready for me to quit moaning about how much cleaning I've been doing. I think we will get it done by Monday. Phew! And (!) the ornamental crab is just starting to bloom. It's just outside the front door. It's all the curb appeal we have.
Please, oh, please sell fast.

I'm sure it will, Sukie. If not, it's not because you didn't do everything in your power to make it happen....

Our buyer's realtor is being a PITA. She's bugging our realtor about needing the post-mitigation radon testing results ASAP.

Post-mitigation testing is a standard part of the process. The guy who did the work left us with a testing kit, written instructions, and a mailer to send the canister off to the lab to be read. They read the results on the day they receive it, and e-mail us the results.

I have followed the instructions to the letter. I waited 3 days after the mitigation on Tuesday, and placed the canister on Friday. The test has to run a minimum of 3 days, which takes us to Monday. The test has to be mailed within 24 hours of completion, so I'll mail it Tuesday morning. Then it's all up to the USPS and the lab.

What the check does this other realtor expect me to do any differently? Compress time? It's not enough that we spent the $1,140? We're so sick of the selling end of this process....

Last edited:
What's even worse is when they round to the nickel to avoid dealing with pennies....and round in THEIR favor. I objected to that once, and the girl got all indignant with me. Who the check is she to decide I'm going to pay a few cents more than the bill I owed? That's my money, and I want it, thankyouverymuch....

I hate it when they return with more than one five dollar bill and no ones.

Cool boat seen at Whitby

a_boat_called_snoopy_ii_by_stumm47-da0wkxv.jpg

Bummer, went to go grab my papayas and the birds were feasting!
At least they got a nice breakfast.

I was babysitting. I was helping my friend and her daughter. My friend normally watches her granddaughter while her daughter works on the weekends...but she went camping. So we had her last night and today, until her grandmother cut her camping trip short, due to lousy weather.

She's a sweet little girl. We all had a good time.

I am really missing seminary tonight. Good fellowship, good discussions. I really miss that.

I am really missing seminary tonight. Good fellowship, good discussions. I really miss that.

I remember missing seminary. Now I just miss friends from seminary. Dead or scattered to the four winds. I'd really like to know the faith journeys of my study group from that time.

Gary was gay
Jan, a single woman workaholic
Dan, late vocation guy who divorced and moved on to another love in England
Jeff, young fair-haired boy
Me, awkward, recovering from a divorce and falling in love.

We were all pretty liberal and adventurous, but had we stayed close we might have had some wonderful conversations. Three of us maintained a support group for a couple of years. I doubt we could recapture that magic if we were to get together once more.

I have some friends who have maintained a support group since leaving seminary, 27 years now. They take a week together every year someplace special. God I envy them.

The only reason I'm not in bed is because I'm too sore to get up and walk to bed. I know how pathetic it sounds. I would just stay right where I am and not worry with moving....but I also need to pee.

I remember missing seminary. Now I just miss friends from seminary. Dead or scattered to the four winds. I'd really like to know the faith journeys of my study group from that time.

Gary was gay
Jan, a single woman workaholic
Dan, late vocation guy who divorced and moved on to another love in England
Jeff, young fair-haired boy
Me, awkward, recovering from a divorce and falling in love.

We were all pretty liberal and adventurous, but had we stayed close we might have had some wonderful conversations. Three of us maintained a support group for a couple of years. I doubt we could recapture that magic if we were to get together once more.

I have some friends who have maintained a support group since leaving seminary, 27 years now. They take a week together every year someplace special. God I envy them.

We were fellow weekend buddies. We worked during the week at our jobs, and met on the weekends for classes and study. I was a Baptist among mostly Methodists. Many of them get together for their conferences. I envy them.

Graduation is coming up in a couple of weeks. Can't believe it's been a year since I graduated. Seems like yesterday and forever at the same time.

My heart is heavy at the loss. (The approaching Mother's Day doesn't help).

I think I am going to go read a book on theology or preaching. I miss that, too . . .

The only reason I'm not in bed is because I'm too sore to get up and walk to bed. I know how pathetic it sounds. I would just stay right where I am and not worry with moving....but I also need to pee.

I go to a neurologist on May 24. I sure hope to get some answers. Eight years of worsening symptoms has been rough.

We were fellow weekend buddies. We worked during the week at our jobs, and met on the weekends for classes and study. I was a Baptist among mostly Methodists. Many of them get together for their conferences. I envy them.

Graduation is coming up in a couple of weeks. Can't believe it's been a year since I graduated. Seems like yesterday and forever at the same time.

My heart is heavy at the loss. (The approaching Mother's Day doesn't help).

I think I am going to go read a book on theology or preaching. I miss that, too . . .

Just a hunch, read some St John of the Cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom