::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 21!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took Belly to the vet Monday, she had a great time. Tuesday she was jumping up on the car wanting to go again when we were leaving for work.

Felix has been abused. So he reacts to everything like an abused dog. If you scold him, he gets super low and shakes and shivers. When I go back to get him I am going to get a dog bed from the front porch of my shop. He follows me to work and hangs out outside on my front porch and then checks to see if I am turning the car back to home when I leave and then runs up to the house. At night all the other dogs have a crate or a bed they sleep inside in. He is not house trained and is scared of confinement so he is outside by himself. So he lays there and has the most mournful cry he does to himself until he falls asleep. You have to be close to the window he sleeps in front of to hear it. But is is so sad sounding.

Took Felix in to get all his shots. Worming. And "the procedure"!

It is 30 minutes away down a windy country road. He spent it pacing in the back of the tahoe. Then giving up and laying dejected on the floor. I think he thought, "this is it, she is going to drop me off."

Then we get there and on the leash he is jumping in circles. Any sort of feeling of confinement freaks him out. Crating, leash, lead, anything. So, I pick him up. Carry him in. And he immediately does the dog version of the splits, but not going all the way to the floor. And just freezes in place. Head to the side. Not moving. To the point where he was in someones way and I asked him to come closer and he still stood there frozen and I picked him up, he remained in the same position even in mid air, and put him down somewhere else. Still... same position. You would think I was moving an action figure.

They put a leash to bring him to the back and I asked them to please pick him up and not try to pull him along. They were nice about it. I explained he was quite traumatized, but was sweet and as sweet as they could be to him would be appreciated. I hope they take good care of him. This place you drop him off, pick him up later type of deal.

He KNOWS that's why!

Felix has been abused. So he reacts to everything like an abused dog. If you scold him, he gets super low and shakes and shivers. When I go back to get him I am going to get a dog bed from the front porch of my shop. He follows me to work and hangs out outside on my front porch and then checks to see if I am turning the car back to home when I leave and then runs up to the house. At night all the other dogs have a crate or a bed they sleep inside in. He is not house trained and is scared of confinement so he is outside by himself. So he lays there and has the most mournful cry he does to himself until he falls asleep. You have to be close to the window he sleeps in front of to hear it. But is is so sad sounding.

Poor thing, Bella shows some signs of being mistreated by previous owners, but isn't that bad. Maybe Felix needs a teddy bear.

No, I haven't asked, but I would think coin machines in the lobby would be pretty obvious. They may treat coin deposits as your bank does, with a follow-up deposit, but I don't trust that process.

I'll just roll them up, and know what I've got....

If you can't trust your bank, then perhaps you need to bank elsewhere?
Just a thought.

This is true, to a degree. But I would use one if it were free. The Coinstar machines in the grocery stores here charge a percentage. Even if it were free, I would not trust the process where you surrender the coins, they send them to who-knows-where, and days later you get a deposit. Nope, I wouldn't do that....

You guys know I worked at banks for nearly 10 years, right?
Everything is on camera, all the time.
There is video of the bag of change being surrendered to the teller.
Merchants bring in loose coins all the time, as well as large cash deposits, think retail and restaurants...
Those bags of cash are transported by armored cars to processing facilities.
If the process were not trustworthy, then merchants would not surrender their cash at all.

Your spare change is like free money, right?
I am constantly surprised at the actual amount of the deposit, I often expect it to be like $25 and it is often more than double that.
Even if it were not accurate, which I am confident it is, how much do you think the bank or the processing facility would actually be able to skim without you noticing? Enough to pay for your time spent rolling those pennies?

:D

He's so lucky to have you.

Yes best to Leslie!

In other news that video of Alexis was amazing!
I hope she and Z are staying strong.
What a trooper she is!

Best to Felix too!
Great idea about the bed. When he sees/smells that in the car he will know for sure he is going back home!

Just three more days at this job. Lots of folks I am going to miss. My manager is taking me to.lunch today. The department head is taking me to lunch Friday. Nanilei is making cupcakes today for me to bring in tomorrow.

The credit union I used to work for was actually founded in Rochester, NY. I don't remember if Don was a member or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom