Suggestions for Bright Fluorocarbon strings.

M3Ukulele

Reaction score
I'm using Worth CT on a mahogany sounding ukulele and wonder what strings out there would help brighten up this ukulele. I need to add some top end?

Personally I've found Oasis and Aquila Reds to be both be pretty zingy sounding.

I found Living Waters to be bright and cheery. They are thin strings, similar to the Oasis Brights. Of course it depends on the Uke. If it's a soprano, fluros might make it too bright, but these are great places to start.

Thankyou folks, I had been wondering about a similar problem. Your answers will help.

You can find Oasis at HMS, Musician's Friend, etc.

Despite their name, I don't find them "bright" based on the one uke I have them on. They're on my Hive, which is as good as any uke I've ever heard/played. Definitely wouldn't consider it a bright sound. Since these are the original strings, here is Corey's sound sample:

https://vimeo.com/125222729

Thank you for the suggestions. I have used Oasis warm before but not on this Ukulele so was wondering about the Brights. From reading previous posts on LW thought perhaps they would work. I've been getting strings from Strings by Mail so looks like they have Oasis. I gave tried Aquila Reds again on a different ukulele and they were brighter but had strings snap for no reason. Just tried Aquila Lava and they were a pleasant surprise. Lava's have a very high tension........
Thanks for suggestion.

Martins are really similar to Oasis brights, I think.

Top Bottom