Seasonistas - can you help to heal?

greenie44

Big King Velour
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hi Seasonistas -

i don't mean to steal any thunder from BDU's Season 180, but I just started a thread in the Uke Talk forum with a request for uke players around the world to contribute to a collaboration that would be a tribute to Jillian Johnson, who was killed in Lafayette Louisiana last week.

It would be great if we could work together across the world to send some positive energy to the folks in Lafayette. They could sure use it about now.

Thanks in advance.

Another nut, another gun, another senseless act...........count me in mate.

thanks for putting this in the seasons, i probably would have missed it otherwise - i'm in

great idea

Hi Seasonistas -

i don't mean to steal any thunder from BDU's Season 180, but I just started a thread in the Uke Talk forum with a request for uke players around the world to contribute to a collaboration that would be a tribute to Jillian Johnson, who was killed in Lafayette Louisiana last week.

It would be great if we could work together across the world to send some positive energy to the folks in Lafayette. They could sure use it about now.

Thanks in advance.

I am stuck in Hawaii right now... will definitely work on something for this when I get home. From what I've read she was quite a lady.

I'd be happy too!

Count me in too. I can add some non ukey stuff if you like but I need to get familiar with the song first.

Thanks to the whole UU community for pitching in on this project. I am going to try and wrap up a final mix by this coming Wednesday, so let me know if you want to participate. I'll post the final result once I hear from folks that it is OK, and share that with Jillian's people.

Thanks again.

Hey all -
I'm sorry I wasn't able to help with the collaborative tribute, but Ani and I put together our own, covering a different song by Ms. Jillian. This is “Give Me An Archer”. Brian plays baritone ukulele and sings, Ani plays synthesizer.

Our performance of this song by Ms. Johnson is dedicated to both her memory and also to Mayci Breaux, and to the survivors who were beloved of these gifted and beautiful women.

I'm looking forward to hearing your collaborative song. Jillian Johnson was a special lady and a special talent. It's so sad that it took a tragedy for us all to find that out.

Top Bottom