Denver checking in.

TroyO

Reaction score
Heyo! I don't have a uke yet, it's on the way.

Well, I guess I kind of have a uke... LOL. It all started with my 2 year old sons "guitar" from Walmart. A "First Act" Mickey Mouse plastic thing that I started looking at and wondering if you could actually pluck something out on it. A little research and I realized it was actually a ukulele.

Huh, cool. Checked for an app, found a tuner and lo and behold you could actually get it to sound like an instrument.

Neat. I tried strumming a few things, but wasn't willing to dedicate too much time to it, since it obviously left a lot to be desired as a playable instrument.

FFWD>> to a couple of weeks ago, my wife asks what I want for my birthday so I asked for a uke.

I have a Caramel (Formerly Rubin) concert sized "CC401" on the way. I picked that one because although some have indicated setup/workmanship issues, the base material and build seems to make it a solid value. I know my away around bass and guitar set up and feel confident I can handle getting it to play decent. I also got Aquila red strings, low G tuning.

I played bass once upon a time, so I feel comfy with 4 strings (;-) I've missed having something to plunk around on. Plus my son will think I am a total hero if I can blast out "Skinamarink a dink a dink" and "Shake my sillies out"!

So, on that note.... HI!:cheers:

Heyo! I don't have a uke yet, it's on the way.

Well, I guess I kind of have a uke... LOL. It all started with my 2 year old sons "guitar" from Walmart. A "First Act" Mickey Mouse plastic thing that I started looking at and wondering if you could actually pluck something out on it. A little research and I realized it was actually a ukulele.

Huh, cool. Checked for an app, found a tuner and lo and behold you could actually get it to sound like an instrument.

Neat. I tried strumming a few things, but wasn't willing to dedicate too much time to it, since it obviously left a lot to be desired as a playable instrument.

FFWD>> to a couple of weeks ago, my wife asks what I want for my birthday so I asked for a uke.

I have a Caramel (Formerly Rubin) concert sized "CC401" on the way. I picked that one because although some have indicated setup/workmanship issues, the base material and build seems to make it a solid value. I know my away around bass and guitar set up and feel confident I can handle getting it to play decent. I also got Aquila red strings, low G tuning.

I played bass once upon a time, so I feel comfy with 4 strings (;-) I've missed having something to plunk around on. Plus my son will think I am a total hero if I can blast out "Skinamarink a dink a dink" and "Shake my sillies out"!

So, on that note.... HI!:cheers:

Welcome to the UU!

You and your son are going to love it around here.

Aloha.....welcome to the UU!!

Greetings and welcome. You have come to the right place.

Greetings, This is a great place to be. Btw, I love Denver.

you'll have fun. just remember ukulele is neither a guitar or a bass!

Top Bottom