Submit a song to accompany this photograph

Chirouke

Reaction score
image.jpg

Saw this lovely photograph and it's stuck with me. Would love to explore options for a soundtrack to this moment or perhaps a song she was singing or wrote as a result or leading up to this moment. Please submit a ukulele song original or cover.

Winner gets a hand knitted hat :) !!

Hopefully this is something that is okay to post here and you all enjoy dreaming too.

Heidi

Last edited:
View attachment 82114

Saw this lovely photograph and it's stuck with me. Would love to explore options for a soundtrack to this moment or perhaps a song she was singing or wrote as a result or leading up to this moment.

Hopefully this is something that is okay to post here and you all enjoy dreaming too.

Heidi

Clarify... Post the video of you playing the song. :)

Clarify... Post the video of you playing the song. :)
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooops

oh never mind, the pic is way more interesting than my headless self playing even my most decorative novelty uke!

if it doesn't count 'cos i'm invisible, no probs!

i think the lady in the pic is remembering something wonderful that happened to her, in the past sometime

super challenge, heidi, i only discovered this lovely song when i went looking for songs for you! so, thanks for leading me to this great find!

Last edited:
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooops

oh never mind, the pic is way more interesting than my headless self playing even my most decorative novelty uke!

if it doesn't count 'cos i'm invisible, no probs!

i think the lady in the pic is remembering something wonderful that happened to her, in the past sometime

super challenge, heidi, i only discovered this lovely song when i went looking for songs for you! so, thanks for leading me to this great find!

Nice one Bird ...how did you lift the picture ...I nearly put the computer into orbit trying that .....I have an audio only SoundClod (sic) entry

https://soundcloud.com/jarvoid/stranger-on-the-shore-1

The strange similarity between the pictures freaked me out a little .....well...they're a bit similar....well it's a woman and some water ...and ones Mrs CeeJay ...oh ....bother......BEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVV......
ooooooooooooooooooooh that was a dreamy audio ceejay! and mrs ceeejay!!!!!!!!!!!! lovely dreamy pic there

Nice one Bird ...how did you lift the picture ...I nearly put the computer into orbit trying that .....I have an audio only SoundClod (sic) entry
i clicked on the pic here to see it as big as possible, pressed the print screen key (prtsc) on my laptop, opened a new paint file (windows), pasted the screen grab into it, cropped all the extraneous piffle off, and voila there i had the pic to import into movie maker, and add to my upstrumming, warbling and bat squeeks :cool:

and hahahahhahhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa soundclod! :bowdown:

Will make a suggestion rather than record; "26 Miles (Santa Catalina)."

Twenty-six miles across the sea
Santa Catalina is a-waitin' for me
Santa Catalina, the island of romance
Romance, romance, romance
Water all around it everywhere
Tropical trees and the salty air
But for me the thing that's a-waitin' there, romance
It seems so distant, twenty-six miles away
Restin' in the water serene
I'd work for anyone, even the Navy
Who would float me to my island dream
Twenty-six miles, so near yet far
I'd swim with just some water-wings and my guitar
I could leave the wings
But I'll need the guitar for romance
Santa Catalina, the island of romance
A tropical heaven out in the ocean
Covered with trees and girls
If I have to swim, I'll do it forever
'Til I'm gazin' on those island pearls
Forty kilometers in a leaky old boat
Any old thing that'll stay afloat
When we arrive we'll all promote romance
Santa Catalina
The island of romance

When I saw the photo I thought of Virgina Wolfe filling her pockets with heavy stones
and wading out into the water to drown, and that brought to mind a poem by Stevie Smith
called Not waving but drowning to which I put a melancholy melody to. Here is the
video and the words.

Gm Dm
Nobody heard him, the dead man,
Eb Bb F
But still he lay moaning:
Gm Dm
I was much further out than you thought
Eb Bb F
And not waving but drowning.
Cm Eb Bb F
Poor chap, he always loved larking
Eb Bb F
And now he's dead
Cm Eb Bb F
It must have been too cold for him
Eb Bb F
his heart gave way,They said.
Gm Dm
Oh, no no no, it was too cold always
Eb Bb F
(Still the dead one lay moaning)
Gm Dm
I was much too far out all my life
Eb Bb F
And not waving but drowning.

She looks like she might be considering that walking right out into that ocean could be an option ....
and in this song I'm suggesting that life's still worth the effort ....

Naw she was not going to top herself She was dipping her toes in the water to see if it was just right for swimming.

Starting from the beginning. Birds eye: Lovely. Thanks for the entry. Perfect. Completely took me to that moment.

Last edited:
Top Bottom