Leather uke strap?

EmmaQ

Reaction score
I want to buy several thin leather straps for my ukuleles and I can't find any anywhere. any suggestions?

Contact Lori Apthorp, at Uke Leash

She's a member here, and responds quickly.

I have several of her uke leashes, and use a leather one on my Donaldson Custom Concert, with the strap button adapter. Great Strap, about 1/2" wide, and will last a couple of lifetimes.

Of course, the polyester ones will too, but I really love the leather with my Donaldson.

-Kurt​

Contact Lori Apthorp, at Uke Leash

She's a member here, and responds quickly.

I have several of her uke leashes, and use a leather one on my Donaldson Custom Concert, with the strap button adapter. Great Strap, about 1/2" wide, and will last a couple of lifetimes.

Of course, the polyester ones will too, but I really love the leather with my Donaldson.

-Kurt​
Thanks Kurt!
Yes, I can set you up with leather ukulele straps... either with or without strap button. I make them to order.

–Lori

Thanks, Lori. I do already have one of your uke leashes and I'll look into your ones that utilize strap buttons. Will get back to you.

I use a Levy 1/2" mandolin strap that I purchased from Elderly. Narrow, no buckles or other fittings to scratch the uke.

I use a Levy 1/2" mandolin strap that I purchased from Elderly. Narrow, no buckles or other fittings to scratch the uke.

I have two of those, one on a tenor, the other on a concert. They are brilliant, with the leather loop ends that just slip up or down to adjust length.

I have an amazing Softee leather mandolin strap on my banjo uke.

I am also a member here and have been a leather craftsman since 1975. I have only been doing it professionally for the past 37 years. Almost everything is from what someone tells me they want Questions such as ; how wide - how long - how thick of leather - what colour - what kind of adjustment do you want - what kind of attachment to the instrument - make it possible to make it happen

There are many different feels to leather because of the way it was tanned. What is appropriate for a leather shirt would not work well for a saddle for a horse, or a case for a ukulele. Helping make ideas become realities is about communicating rather than just taking something off of a shelf.
There is no charge for discussing what you want. It is as much fun as learning a new song with someone. The word amateur is a French word meaning one who does it for the love of it.
A professional gets paid for doing something. Can one be a professional amateur? If you just want to talk about what you think you want, all it will cost you is time at the keyboard.

Thanks Crafted Cow and the rest of you with suggestions. I've been sick so I haven't felt up to replying before now. I'm going to a UkeFest tomorrow so there will be vendors there and hopefully at least one of them will have a product I like. If not, I may be back on this post.

Top Bottom