College Football

Down Up Dick

Reaction score
The college football season opens on September 5th I think. I'm really lookin' forward to it. :eek:ld:

Last edited:
My team is West Virginia. What teams do all of you follow through the season?

I like Notre Dame and USC the most, but I have other favorites that change from season to season. If none of them are on, I like the West Coast teams.

Ahhh, College Football! I hope we have a winter this year too, or at least that this beastly summer will end. :eek:ld:

I am a lifelong USC Trojan fan (and alum). I can't wait for the season to start, and hope we will play well this year. At least the sanctions are finally over, the loss of scholarships really crippled us for years. We can actually hopefully start tackling in practice and having depth at postions again.

Last edited:
I root for Ohio State in college football--I gotta, I'm an alum! (49ers fan for NFL.) VERY excited to see how this year plays out. Last year's championship win had all us fans stunned, I think. So really, whatever happens this year is okay by me. I'm just looking forward to the entertainment.

I root for Ohio State in college football--I gotta, I'm an alum! (49ers fan for NFL.) VERY excited to see how this year plays out. Last year's championship win had all us fans stunned, I think. So really, whatever happens this year is okay by me. I'm just looking forward to the entertainment.

I am an alum of WV, but this year my cousin's grandson is also on the team.

Many of my colleagues attended local universities, so we have a subtle color coordination that goes on at work during football season - blue and gold for us WV fans, scarlet and gray for OSU, and green for Marshall/Ohio University.

Last edited:
Penn State and USC. Although I have lived my entire life on the east coast, I am a Southern Cal fan. Go figure.

I am an alum of WV, but this year my cousin's grandson is also on the team.

That's really cool--having family on the team would bring an extra level of excitement for game time.

The Ohio State fans in Columbus can get really rabid, it's kind of embarrassing at times how nuts some of them are. :wtf:

Well, Fans, tomorrow's the big day! Who ya gonna watch? I hafta find out who plays when, but I wanna see Notre Dame and USC.

Alas, I can't watch all day any more; I get too cranky. Well, maybe two or three games . . . :eek:ld:

Well, Fans, another mistake! The big day isn't tomorrow. I got my days mixed up; that happens when one retires. But I'm not completely wrong. There are some games on tomorrow night.

Sooo, only one more day until football day! My bad. :eek:ld:

Last edited:
I like Notre Dame and USC the most, but I have other favorites that change from season to season. If none of them are on, I like the West Coast teams.

Ahhh, College Football! I hope we have a winter this year too, or at least that this beastly summer will end. :eek:ld:

I live in Purdue country, but Notre Dame is my fave, too.

Well, lotsa football. Nebraska (my wife's favorite) got beaten in the last seconds of the game--a crushing blow! Notre Dame won big and so did UCLA, so that was satisfying. I never did find out where to watch USC, but they were winning too. I guess it doesn't matter though as I fell asleep on the couch again. Ahhh, well . . .

A very enjoyable opening day to the college football season, but all that running and passing made me tired. :eek:ld:

It was a great game for my alma mater USC - we won 55-6. Now on to next week. I was really surprised by Stanford and Arizona State though.

wickedwahine11, did you WATCH the USC game? Where? I looked for it but couldn't find it. I don't know about the Stanford game.

It was a good football day except for Nebraska. :eek:ld:

wickedwahine11, did you WATCH the USC game? Where? I looked for it but couldn't find it. I don't know about the Stanford game.

It was a good football day except for Nebraska. :eek:ld:

I did, even though it kept my old butt up way too late. It was on the Pac 12 Network - which I don't get on Directv but my mom does on Uverse. Next week the Trojans are on Pac12 again for the Idaho game.

I did, even though it kept my old butt up way too late. It was on the Pac 12 Network - which I don't get on Directv but my mom does on Uverse. Next week the Trojans are on Pac12 again for the Idaho game.

Well, we have it, and we're watching USC vs. Idaho now. Thanks for the info WW11. Did you watch the Notre Dame game today? Great game, but not until the last few minutes.

We're trying to figure out where Nebraska's playin'--anyone know? :eek:ld:

Well, we have it, and we're watching USC vs. Idaho now. Thanks for the info WW11. Did you watch the Notre Dame game today? Great game, but not until the last few minutes.

We're trying to figure out where Nebraska's playin'--anyone know? :eek:ld:

I did watch the USC game (woo hoo!) and parts of Notre Dame's game and Ohio State vs. Hawaii, as well as Oregon v. Michigan State. Of the four games, only one went my way - but at least my beloved Trojans are 2-0. :)

We stopped watching the USC game. It was too lopsided. I don't like trouncings. I thought the Oregon game was boring. I just couldn't get into it. I really enjoyed the Notre Dame game--once it was over. Whew!

All in all, a good football day. :eek:ld:

Top Bottom