College Football

Well, Air Force lost--too bad. But the Nebraska/Miami game was a humdinger, even though Nebraska lost by an exciting field goal. However my Notre Dame/beat Georga Tech. The USC game was pretty good too, but USC also lost. Ahhh, well . . . :eek:ld:

Last edited:
Another win for Notre Dame (over UMass). UCLA beat Arizona, and USC was beating the other Arizona when I went to bed.

A good, good day for my teams. :eek:ld:

Last edited:
Good for you, Down Up Dick.

I win either way in the Maryland/WVU matchup as I attended both schools. But, it was nice to see WVU go 3 for 3.

Last edited:
I like the figthing irish, but there are sooooo many teams in college, that it's hard to pick just one, here in good old Mexico we have little league and a mayor league, that it is kind like college football, but not every university have a team, soccer, they definitly do, but not football...:(

What happened to USC? Did I miss it or what? :eek:ld:

The Trojans have a bye. The next game is Thursday night on ESPN - I think vs. Washington. By the way, I am curious...you like USC, UCLA and Notre Dame. I went to USC so I love them. But I hate Notre Dame and despise UCLA even more. Isn't it hard to like all three? Like rooting for Red Sox and Yankees or Michigan and Ohuo State.

I like Notre Dame because it's Notre Dame! I've been a fan for years. I like UCLA (so so), whenever no one else is on because they're from Cal. I started liking USC because they had a great band--Michigan too. I also like and watch the (Phoenix) Arizona team because I usta be stationed in Arizona. We watch Nebraska because my wife is from there. I have more "likes", but I had to cut back.

I usta watch more teams, but if I do, and they don't do well, I get all cranky. :eek:ld:

Last edited:
Well, Notre Dame almost did it, but they maybe had too slow a start. It sure did rain. I wish we'd get a little rain here. ASU did well though. I don't know about Nebraska.

An unsatisfactory Saturday this week. Maybe I just missed USC. :eek:ld:

Well, Notre Dame almost did it, but they maybe had too slow a start. It sure did rain. I wish we'd get a little rain here. ASU did well though. I don't know about Nebraska.

An unsatisfactory Saturday this week. Maybe I just missed USC. :eek:ld:

USC bye weeks are a sacrilege! I get why you like all three, I was curious. Sorry about your Bruins, that one really helped the Trojans though - now USC, UCLA and ASU all have a loss in the Pac12 South. We just need Utah to get one now - I am hoping at the hands of the Trojans.

USC bye weeks are a sacrilege! I get why you like all three, I was curious. Sorry about your Bruins, that one really helped the Trojans though - now USC, UCLA and ASU all have a loss in the Pac12 South. We just need Utah to get one now - I am hoping at the hands of the Trojans.

I guess I didn't make myself clear: I don't care for UCLA much, and I was pulling for ASU. I only watch UCLA when no other west coast teams are on. I like Oregon too, but I don't always watch 'em.

We usta pull for Texas' "Hook 'Em Horns", but they did poorly yesterday. Penn State, with Joe Paterno, was one of my favorites too, until they had all the sex problems and cover-ups.

I guess all the teams have their ups and downs. :eek:ld:

Well, USC looked very tired, and Washington simply over powered them. Ahhh, well . . .

You just can't win 'em all, I guess. Ya win some, and ya lose some--again, ahhh well . . . My jaw hurts! :eek:ld:

Well, Notre Dame sank Navy, but I feel a little bad about it. I like Navy a lot too; I always pick them over Army. And Nebraska managed to lose another very close one. If they didn't have bad luck, they wouldn't have any luck at all.

Watched a little of the Cal/Utah game (but mostly slept on the couch) too. Utah was ahead when I shifted to the bedroom.

Ahhh, another exciting day of football--and couch time! :eek:ld:

Last edited:
Well, finally a good game with a great score by Nebraska. Minnesota played hard and well, but no dice--too bad. The USC/Notre Dame was great!-very exciting. I like both teams, but I'm a long time Notre Dame fan. I'm glad they came back from their doldrums mid game.

We watched a little of the Arizona/Utah and Washington/Oregon games before I retired to the couch for a snooze. My wife said Utah was losing when she woke me up, but it was bed time.
:eek:ld:

Last edited:
Well, another bad day for Nebraska--ahhh, well . . . Notre Dame's got a bye today (I think). I watched a little of the Washington State/Arizona game, but I was bored with it and moved on. But I came back for the USC big win (though I dozed off at the end). Then we had ice cream to celebrate their win-a big night! But wait--it's Stanford vs. Washington for a while . . . :eek:ld:

Last edited:
Can't get Nebraska this week -- gotta pay-no way! USC and Cal was a good, good game. Maybe USC oughta keep the interim coach as THE coach! Now lookin' forward to Notre Dame. Well, Notre Dame did it again--good game, very exciting. Today was a good football day.

Last edited:
Well, we missed the Notre Dame game--errands, shopping and lunch--but they won, so that's good anyway. Nebraska at 1600 though and USC at 1930. So the day isn't a total loss.

So, Nebraska squeaked one out in the last few seconds--a pretty exciting game at the end. But I only saw the first half of USC/Arizona . . . The couch got me again--busy day! I found out later that USC won--go team!

Last edited:
Top Bottom