College Football

Well, Notre Dame won their "Senior Game" big and are undefeated at home this year. Naturally I thought it was a great game.

I haven't been able to find the Nebraska or USC games. Anybody know why? We'll probably watch the Stanford/Oregon game--I dunno. I like Oregon.

Apparently, I missed the USC game, but they won. Oh, last night (thanks again, ww11).

Wow, Stanford/Oregon was very exciting! I picked an underdog winner! And I stayed awake most of the game! My wife woke me up in time to see the terrific last few minutes.

A very satisfying football day! :eek:ld:

Last edited:
Well, Notre Dame won their "Senior Game" big and are undefeated at home this year. Naturally I thought it was a good game.

I haven't been able to find the Nebraska or USC games. Anybody know why? We'll probably watch the Stanford/Oregon game--I dunno. I like Oregon.

Apparently, I missed the USC game, but they won. I don't know when it was--Ahhh, well.

:eek:ld:

Yeah, USC played last night on ESPN2 at Colorado.

Okey dokey, ww11, I missed the Notre Dame last week and the USC game this week. Why don't they play on Saturday afternoon like they're supposed to?

We're watching the Oregon/Stanford game. I'm for Oregon. Thanks for the info. :eek:ld:

Not much football today. First of all it was my wife's 12th Annual Tea Party. So I usually go to my favorite music store for a shop and a chat. Today, I bought a set of Banjo strings and a pick.

Then we went to visit my mother in the hospital.

I watched a little of the Oklahoma game, but I wasn't really interested. I heard that USC lost--too bad, but I also heard that Notre Dame was winning . . . I hope they do. LATER: Yay, they did!
:eek:ld:

Last edited:
Well, we missed Nebraska's loss, and we also missed the USC game, We went to the base for my Meds and a Commissary trip. I'm glad USC stomped UCLA though. I guess I can't see 'em all.

Heck, Notre Dame didn't do it, but it was a good, exciting game. We really enjoyed it, except for the final score--Ahhh, well . . .

The kick-off run back from Notre Dame was spectacular though. I'm glad I didn't miss that! :eek:ld:

Last edited:
Reading your comments made me curious about the college football so I watched the Clemson / S Carolina game. I'd never heard of Clemson so I had to check the maps. The subtleties of the game elude me, but the scores were close enough that there was no temptation to change channel until the end of the game. Might watch another...

Despite a disappointing four losses, I am thrilled my Trojans beat their crosstown rival the Bruins. I am nervous about playing Stanford though - even though we only lost by ten points the first time we played them. Still, if you had told me we would be in the Pac12 title game, I never would have believed it.

Speaking of Stanford, that game against Notre Dame was a real nail biter!

Yeah, ww11, it was a real heart breaker, but, as I said before, a very good and exciting game. Both teams played well. :eek:ld:

University of Iowa, 12 - 0 baby! WHOO HOO!

Well, I can't find Notre Dame, so I guess they're done for now--#8. I got stuff to do this aft, so it's USC/Stanford and maybe a little of Air Force/San Diego (my home town).

I hope USC kicks Stanford because Stanford beat my Notre Dame--bah! :eek:ld:

Well, I can't find Notre Dame, so I guess they're done for now--#8. I got stuff to do this aft, so it's USC/Stanford and maybe a little of Air Force/San Diego (my home town).

I hope USC kicks Stanford because Stanford beat my Notre Dame--bah! :eek:ld:

I hope we beat Stanford because then it is Rose Bowl baby! But I am cautious and nervous.

It should be an exciting game. I hope USC is far ahead early so I can watch some of the other game.

Well, USC lost, but it was a good game. That McCaffrey is somethin' else--Heisman?

San Diego won too, and it also was a good game. Air Force played well too. I guess both teams that I liked couldn't win.

Well, that's college football . . . :eek:ld:

Last edited:
Michigan State grad here.....Spartans Big Ten Champions! YEAH BABY!!!

Should be an interesting Football Final Four. My guess is:
1 - Clemson
2 - Alabama
3 - Michigan State
4 - Oklahoma

I place Michigan State ahead of OK because of their Big 10 title. We will see, this is just a guess, and I don't have a "horse" in the race.

I'm from Iowa originally. So close. Great hard fought game.

Top Bottom