College Football

Watched the Army/Navy game after Christmas shopping. Navy (my pick) won again--go navy! :eek:ld:

Yup. I am married to a former Navy LCDR, the daughter and daughter-in-law of Marines, and granddaughter of a sailor. Navy is an easy pick for me...though I do feel bad for Army, 14 years is a tough streak.

I try to watch the Army/Navy game every year. Surprisingly, I can rarely get interested in the Air Force games, though they did well this year. I think maybe it's the tradition of the Army/Navy game. I feel sorta guilty that I don't care much about Air Force games--Ahhh, well . . .
:eek:ld:

Well, we watched some of the Washington/So. Miss and Washington State/Miami, but we couldn't "get into" 'em. Now my wife is watching a big baking contest, and I'm gonna banjo a bit.

So . . . both Washington teams won, with pretty good second halves. It snowed like mad in El Paso, Tx of all places.

Later, we'll watch Nebraska/UCLA. (Later). And we did (mostly, I slept some); the part that I saw was very satisfying--a well deserved win for Nebraska.
:eek:ld:

Last edited:
Well, after the party, we sat down to watch the USC/Wisconsin game, but I got into some serious ZZZs and missed the whole darned game. I don't even know who won. Too much food and merriment for an ol' guy I guess.

Notre Dame plays tomorrow. I'm glad it's during the middle of the day. Maybe I'll see some of it. :eek:ld:

Well, after the party, we sat down to watch the USC/Wisconsin game, but I got into some serious ZZZs and missed the whole darned game. I don't even know who won. Too much food and merriment for an ol' guy I guess.

Notre Dame plays tomorrow. I'm glad it's during the middle of the day. Maybe I'll see some of it. :eek:ld:

Wisconsin won. Sigh. As a Trojan fan, I am trying to forget about football and look forward to baseball's Opening Day. Though as a Red Sox fan, the last few years haven't been very fun. :p

Well, I only follow college football (when I'm awake), so I'll soon be done 'til next year. Baseball's much too slow.

Have a Happy New Year full of whatever you like. :eek:ld:

Well, Notre Dame couldn't do it. They seemed a little slow today, and they kept overthrowing passes. Ohio played very, very well though. We watched a little of the Michigan game too. Michigan played well too. I always like to watch them. They usta have an outstanding band. Well, the Rose Bowl was pretty much a rout from the very beginning. That McCaffrey is really somethin' else.

Well, that pretty much does it for this season, but, that's okay, I've had my fill of football for a while. In the fall, we'll start 'er all over again.

Happy New Year fans! :eek:ld:

Last edited:
It's summer time here and I don't usually turn the TV on until the evening news. If people in North America are watching a match on Friday night it's showing here on Saturday afternoon which is a good time. Specially if the weather is a bit off. I guess if I watch enough I'll get to know some of the finer points. Said he hopefully...

Well, I was wrong (again); there is more football. Tonight we're watchin' Oregon/TCU. Oregon looked great the first half, but, wow! what an, ugly, disappointing game they played in the second half.

We missed the beginning of the Arizona State game because of the Oregon/TCU mess. This game was better, but I couldn't stay up to the end.

Well, the season is over now for sure, except for the Champianship game which I probably won't watch. :eek:ld:

Last edited:
Top Bottom