Hard case and humidifier

Sailor0

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've just bought my new mainland red cedar top concert uke an I would like to buy a hard case for it that I can use a humidifier inside (actually I'm not sure if I should use a humidifier for it. I live in Hungary Mike told me I should use a humidifier for it in the winter) so I'm looking for a hard case that can be good for this issue.
I don't know if every hard case good for it or is there any specification if I want to use a humidifier in it.

Thank you very much.
Have a nice day :)
Dani

Hey everyone,

I've just bought my new mainland red cedar top concert uke an I would like to buy a hard case for it that I can use a humidifier inside (actually I'm not sure if I should use a humidifier for it. I live in Hungary Mike told me I should use a humidifier for it in the winter) so I'm looking for a hard case that can be good for this issue.
I don't know if every hard case good for it or is there any specification if I want to use a humidifier in it.

Thank you very much.
Dani

The most popular humidifier is the sound hole humidifier made by Oasis. It slides between the strings and is held in so that it is inside the body of the uke. Any good quality hard case made for your size of uke will do well.

I know that just I didn't know if the hard case needs any specification :)
If it's not quality can it still be good cuz I haven't got that.much money now?
For example a 40 dollar hard case from eBay? :)

The term "hard case" seems to be used for different styles of cases. One is the lightweight- fabric covered- zipped- styrofoam cases. The other is for a wood or fiberboard structure with a glued on covering with latches. Either one should be fine for humidifiers. The styrofoam ones are a little bulkier, but are much lighter. Sometimes, after heavy use, I have had some of the zippered cases have issues with the zippers breaking away from the fabric shell. They usually have a safety velcro strap that holds the uke in incase you pick up the case and the door flips open. The latching cases usually don't have that feature.

–Lori

Hey everyone,

Thank you very much.
Dani
Why didn't you buy a case and humidifier from Mainland when you got your uke? Just curious if there was a reason.

I hadn't got the money that time :-(
Now I have but I have to back to Europe in two days so it won't arrive.
That's why I'm looking for it on eBay ;-)

Sailor0 -

Gratulalok az uj ukulele! Budapesten laktom 1989-ben, de sajnos a Magyar elfalatatem sokot!

I probably butchered that pretty badly, but it has been over 25 years since I lived there (one of the best years of my life)!

I'm told that for proper humidification protection, a true hardcase, not a polyfoam case, is preferred. I use a room humidifier so the only time I case humidify is if I'm going out of town for a few days because my room humidifier would run out of water in that time. In fact, I generally don't like hardcases (other than my Crossrock 1000) and so that is really the only time I use them. No special "specs" are required.

Top Bottom