Season 184 - Instrumentals

Pizzicato Waltz

:shaka:Aloha Seasonistas! :shaka:

Look what t-shirt showed up in the rotation this morning! I figured it was time for a Seasons video. I cannot believe it has been 11 weeks since I've contributed. Lots going on. I took early retirement from a public school music teaching job of 22 years and am pursuing performing and teach privately. I've been teaching lessons at the local shop on Saturdays since February and am also teaching in my home. This video serves two purposes. I have a student who just started working on this piece and thought I'd send it along to him. Because of the arpeggio, this piece can easily slip into 6/8 time and is actually fun to play in 6/8 too, but it is a waltz. Here it is, short and sweet.

Last edited:
These types of weeks are always a struggle for a strummer. I can't grasp how easily you all move around the fret board like you do. I have hours into a few melody notes here. I decided that I was going to get it if it killed me! Thanks to Randy for the push to really practice.
I hear you Linda! This Season is a real challenge for us strummers. I've been spending hours figuring out and arranging a piece. Now to practice it until I can actually play it halfway decent. It will be another eleventh hour entry for sure simply because I need every second of practice I can manage to fit in.
I'm in awe of all of you pickers. SO many great entries this week. Wonderful challenge Randy. I'm working harder for this Season than I have in many months.

Not sure why but I am having trouble commenting on vids in YT. I'm watching some great ones however! Silly Dave- you have awesome whistling skillz!! I was waiting for The Good the Bad and the Ugly. I remember skipping school at 15 and going downtown to see this one on the big screen when it first came out. You rocked it!

I promised Ralf a long time ago I would attempt "Crazy G" after he covered it. I learned it but never recorded it! Now that it's instrumentals week and I have a new 3G ukulele to play it on - why not?

So here it is. That hoary old ukulele chestnut.

Next time I try to do this many tracks, I'm going to just do the audio without all the videos. My computer isn't hot enough to handle all those videos playing back when I'm trying to get everything synced up.

Randy said my last one had an "old west" quality to it--if so, it was accidental. I intentionally tried to capture an "old west" flavor with this one.

Here's one from me. A Tune from Brittany. It's a dance tune called an An Dro though I play it here at a slower tempo than you would for dancing because I thought it brought out the beauty of the melody.

Played on my Anglo Concertina and Bruko Tenor Ukulele. I had been videoing the concertina but when I finally got a take I was satisfied with, I found I'd forgotten to start the video camera, so I've included a bit of video of the uke then made the rest of the video from some pictures of Whitby as I have been at the folk festival there earlier this week.

I see I have the dreaded grey cassette logo. I dared to change the thumbnail from the one Google had selected so I get punished.

You've got a real fine season going along here Randy.
Thanks for hosting!
And thanks for bringing along all the beaut instrumentals everyone.
Keep 'em coming....

This is also available on CeeJay YT site but due to unforseen and possibly fatal(for Google Moguls ) circumstances I cannot access my own You Tube page and have had to start another ....so if Blues and Ukes responds to your Posts ...It's me !!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*rrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... just a tiny bit Livid ......

This is yet another attempt at Stranger On the Shore ....hmmmm....I am beginning to go off the Epiphone a bit ....it has no real depth of tone ...BM was maybe right....

"the sad sound my heart makes (when the UU forum is down)"

homemade instrumental

lo-tech (by which i mean rubbish sound quality :cool:) multitrack

the forum was down for like 5 MINUTES TOPS or something, tonight

but this is still the sad sound my heart made

yeah

No video for this one. This is just me learning how to do a multi-track with Audacity. Much easier when I don't try to do the video-in-video thing. Fortunately, Audacity and Goldwave will use the webcam's mic so I don't need a new mic. Taking advantage of my super-low bass range with all the crud in my throat from this cold.

Here's a brief instrumental that I like to play when just noodling around.

Nother one from me. I've been playing around with my daughters Baby Taylor guitar and learning slack key :) So I put together what I've learned with some uke thrown in.

So many beautiful songs!

AlanDP Cloud Waltz Very pretty tune. It has kind of an "old west" quality to it.

Hippie Dribble don't get around much anymore Nice. I love everything about this!

Ukeval Pour Luby - petite valse simple Si les dessins de vos amis sont aussi belles que cette chanson, alors ils sont très beaux. Merci de partager cette chanson.

pablocity nobody knows you when you're down and out Wow, some nice playing there! Thanks!

pablocity Georgia So nice. I love your arrangement, and your ukulele is gorgeous!

Raygf Pizzicato Waltz Very nice. Pretty little waltz!

librainian Crazy G Whoooooo! That was awesome!

AlanDP Campfire Dreams Nice. Yup, you're right, this one is unmistakably a western. And I love westerns! Good job!

Tootler The Wren That was wonderful. Wonderful photos, too!

Surly-Mac Crazy Bwaaaa ha ha ha! That was terrific!

CeeJay Stranger On The Shore Very nice.

bird's eye view of my ukelele the sad sound my heart makes (when the UU forum is down) Oh, I like this one! It kind of builds in emotion and complexity. Weird, but it kind of reminds me of the kind of song Moby writes.

AlanDP Audacity Test Project #1 Nice! I gotta see the vampire anime when it's done!

Popster999 Beautiful Dreamer Beautiful Stephen Foster song, a classic, and you play it wonderfully!

bonesigh My first slack key and Uke Gorgeous!

This is also available on CeeJay YT site but due to unforseen and possibly fatal(for Google Moguls ) circumstances I cannot access my own You Tube page and have had to start another ....so if Blues and Ukes responds to your Posts ...It's me !!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*rrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... just a tiny bit Livid ......

This is yet another attempt at Stranger On the Shore ....hmmmm....I am beginning to go off the Epiphone a bit ....it has no real depth of tone ...BM was maybe right....

The factory strings are terrible. Put some good fluorocarbons on there before you make a final decision.

I also have just re-recorded my arrangement of "Nice Work If You Can Get It" Harry. I listened to the first bash at it back just now and saw I was playing a wrong chord at several points - a B instead of an Em. It was bugging me so I just did it again,this time on a tenor and with a high G. I think it sounds better anyway. Please delete the original version from the playlist brother. Thankyou.

For Season of the Ukulele 184, here is "Hedwig's Theme" from the Harry Potter movies, written by John Williams. The theme is arranged here for tenor ukulele, synthesizer, and U-bass. This may be the most famous instrumental of the new millennium.

Great theme Randy! I’ve been out of town and have to catch up a bit on the Season.

i know i know....but it was soooo cute! indulge me! my youngest actually agreed to get some "air" time...doesn't happen anymore!

cheers all!...
just realized, that i've been doing this for a straight 5 years!...crazy!

Top Bottom