Havana, Cuba...

The first picture is our hotel btw. The arrow points t our room, which had a beautiful view over Parque Central, towards the Capitolio

hotel.jpg

And here's the view:

P1010270.jpg

Re photo 25, weren't you at least a little nervous taking a picture of those guys doing a drug deal? Seems like Chevys are their favorite. It must have been fun taking "pictures of the past' like that.

Incredible photos. That green convertible Chevy, in the row of three convertibles, wow, that's my pick.

Help! I can't see Cuba for the cars. I see that Mrs. K let you buy a cigar. Did she let you smoke it?

Great pictures. Thanks for posting. They make me want to go there before it gets changed too much.

Help! I can't see Cuba for the cars. I see that Mrs. K let you buy a cigar. Did she let you smoke it?

Heh, purely a prop, supplied by our driver. The smell of cigarette and cigar in the hotel (yes, you can still smoke at the bar and in the lobby of even the top hotel in Cuba!) was driving me crazy! As I keep saying to Alison, even though I've completely given up not, there'll never be a point in my life when I won't want a cigarette. It's far too ingrained.

Apparently, there are something like 60,000 old American cars still in Cuba. Out in the countryside, the preferred mode of transport if horse and cart, but there are still old cars being used in the middle of nowhere by farmers.

Top Tip

Heh, purely a prop, supplied by our driver. The smell of cigarette and cigar in the hotel (yes, you can still smoke at the bar and in the lobby of even the top hotel in Cuba!) was driving me crazy! As I keep saying to Alison, even though I've completely given up not, there'll never be a point in my life when I won't want a cigarette. It's far too ingrained.

Apparently, there are something like 60,000 old American cars still in Cuba. Out in the countryside, the preferred mode of transport if horse and cart, but there are still old cars being used in the middle of nowhere by farmers.

Top Tip

When out of the hotel around Havana or anywhere else on the island, even on excursions, take a toilet roll, or a large amount of loo paper with you. There is NO bog roll in ANY public toilet, and in many bars, in Cuba. Instead, you'll usually find a woman sat on a chair just outside the entrance handing out a couple of sheets to people going in, and which you are supposed to tip her for on the way out. Honestly, how comfortable would you feel saying "nope, gonna need waaay more than that babe!"

You should share with her your subliminal slip "even though I've completely given up not".

Aloha Niq, wow wow thsnk you for the pictures. Holy smokes i like the late 50s fords and that purple car
Was this random shots and common for old cars... however i only saw one babe :) he he
So wheres the chicks pics, you could have told your wife the chicks pics was for me :)
Anyways thank you mate.. awesome you must have had a great time :)

Top Bottom