FS: Kamaka HF-1L Longneck Soprano Ukulele w/ Oasis Humidifier - Near Mint!

nukelady

Reaction score
I have for sale a near mint condition Kamaka HF-1L Longneck Soprano Ukulele w/ Oasis Humidifier.

Technical - Soprano body size, concert scale neck. Solid koa construction, rosewood fret board and bridge. Kamaka (Schaller) friction tuners work great and hold tight. Currently strung with Worth Clear mediums, the uke sounds very clear and warm. Deluxe archtop Kamaka case and Oasis Uke Humidifier (nearly new) is included in the sale. The case is very nice and fits the uke like a glove. The case is in impeccable odor-free condition. Also included are the original tags, warranty card, and purchase receipt from Gryphon Stringed Instruments. Everything is in excellent condition, and it could still likely pass for new.

About the uke: The uke has a build stamp of December 15, 2011 and was originally purchased from Gryphon Strings in March of 2012. The original owner did not play it, and it was sold in as-new condition with tags and everything. It is stored in the case and has not been exposed to weather, pets, dust, air conditioning, etc. I had just purchased it from a UU member about a week prior to being notified that my custom Mya-Moe had been completed. I've only played it a few times and taken it out to keep it tuned and to refill the Oasis humidifier. It's really a beautiful little soprano, with terrific grain pattern. The concert neck makes for more comfortable playing, and might add a little fullness to the sound with the longer string length too.

Price - Asking $750 OBO. This includes shipping and insurance within CONUS. The Kamaka HF-1L's retail for $1145 and the humidifier from Elderly cost $20, so this is roughly a $1165 set-up before tax or shipping. Gryphon Stringed Instruments selected this ukulele for their store at a NAMM show and the koa is exceptionally striking. Please feel free to send a PM with any questions. Thanks for looking! More pictures will follow in another post.

Attachments

• Kamaka%20Top%20in%20case.jpg
    Kamaka%20Top%20in%20case.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 317
  • Kamaka%20Side%202%20in%20case.jpg
    Kamaka%20Side%202%20in%20case.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 227
  • Kamaka%20Back%20in%20case.jpg
    Kamaka%20Back%20in%20case.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 235
  • Kamaka%20Back%20no%20flash22.jpg
    Kamaka%20Back%20no%20flash22.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 220
  • Kamaka%20Top%20no%20flash33.jpg
    Kamaka%20Top%20no%20flash33.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
More Kamaka photos

More photos.

Attachments

• Kamaka%20Archtop%20Case%20w%20Oasis.jpg
    Kamaka%20Archtop%20Case%20w%20Oasis.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 74
  • Kamaka%20Serial.jpg
    Kamaka%20Serial.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 90
  • Kamaka%20Label.jpg
    Kamaka%20Label.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 103
  • Kamaka%20Headstock%20in%20case.jpg
    Kamaka%20Headstock%20in%20case.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 95
Today's Date and Username Pictures

Finally, UU Username and Date photos.

Attachments

• Username and Date Front.jpg
    Username and Date Front.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 80
  • Username and Date2.jpg
    Username and Date2.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 78
Lovely uke!

So the tuners are friction not geared, is that right?

Did the uke have any setup similar to what HMS does?

the Kamaka's tuners

Kamaka Tuners 2.jpgKamaka Tuners.jpgThe tuners are friction tuners -- see attached photos. The website for Gryphon Stringed Instruments says that all ukuleles are set-up by a professional before they leave their shop. Here is what Kamaka sent back to my inquiry about the ukulele: "Thank you for your interest in Kamaka Hawaii, Inc. Your standard/soprano long neck ukulele (HF-1L) #113701 was built at the end of 2011 (the first two digits show the year) for the January 2012 NAMM Show in Anaheim. Gryphon Strings purchased it at the show. We showcase each model at NAMM and authorized dealers are able to purchase one on site to sell in their stores.

I hope this is the information you were looking for. Have a wonderful week and enjoy your Kamaka!

Aloha,
Alice
Office Administrator

KAMAKA HAWAII, INC.
550 South Street * Honolulu * Hawaii * 96813-5010
Telephone (808) 531-3165 Fax (808) 531-3167
Email mail@kamakahawaii.com Website http://www.kamakahawaii.com"

A lot can happen in two years, if I were you, I'd do new pictures with the date, & put up a sound sample of the actual uke. :)

Looks to be a really nice uke.

Thanks for your suggestions. It looks exactly the same, as it hasn't been out of the case exposed to use, weather, temperature fluctuations, floods, fires, and hurricanes. Seriously, it's precisely the same. I will get a picture with a new date on it. I am not able to put up a sound sample. It's probably safe to say if Kamaka chose it to take to NAMM, it's likely to be true to their classic expected sound.

Your PM and several others came through - the inbox is not full. Not sure why you received that notification. Thanks.

This looks familiar.... PM sent

Hi there!

I also tried to PM and got message that your box was full.

I’m curious if this sold. I’m interested and live in Seattle, in case that’s close enough for a deal to avoid shipping. Depends where you are in the Pacific NW.

Let me know. Thanks!

Jason

My sincere apologies to anyone who tried to PM me only to get a "full" message. I have corrected that and sent Jason a pm back. If anyone else needs a note, please try again and I surely appreciate your patience. The original UU member who sold it to me was reconsidering buying it back, and I would give him first right of refusal. He did decide to go a different direction so it is open to anyone. I have a couple local buyers who will see and try it in the Seattle area, and that is really a nice way to make sure that all sides of the purchase are happy. It's a beautiful uke especially in the hands of a skilled player, with abilities I haven't developed yet.

Top Bottom