My friend Mark...

mm stan

Mystery Man
UU VIP
Reaction score
Has been in the hospital diagnosed with blood clots, and just got home..I want you all to wish him well and prayers... I'm not sure he wants me to say anything but I know he appreciate all the prayers and get well vibes from all here.. at this time he is still taking anti clogging medicine and hopefully is on the mend..
he has been a great friend to me...and means so much to me...
I just wanted to make you all aware of his current health struggles and to give him a shout out of confidence that it gets better day to day.
mahalo for taking time in reading and your deepest concern for him.

Mahalo Stan for the thoughtful post! As Stan said, I'm home from the hospital and taking an anti-coagulant. The clots should clear up in about a month, and my doctors are hopeful there won't be any problems. Feeling okay except for my leg, which bothers me when I sit. Thanks for the good wishes. Being in people's thoughts helps a lot! :)

Last edited:
Health troubles can sure get us down. I'm glad that you're feeling better. I know that having a good friend like Stan in your corner helps. You'll be in my prayers.

Praying that you heal fast and that you can sit comfortably without leg pain.

It warms my heart to see how important your friendship is to Stan. :)

I think you've had more medical issues than me since we've met. :) Getting old ain't for sissies.

Heal quickly Mark.

Hey, Mark. Thinking of you and hoping you feel better real soon.

If you pause this at about 2:45-50 you can see yourself and a few other UUers in the top row (Haha, including the previous poster gyosh, Pueo, and Greenie44)

https://youtu.be/xvZXktKZV7I?t=2m45s

Last edited:
Great to be with you at the Ukulele Festival Hawaii and at the informal group lesson
with Uncle Kimo Hussey at Ewa Beach!

Take care, fella!

will be praying for a speedy and complete recovery! :)

keep uke'in',

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. It was great hanging out with you at the festival.
Take care of yourself!

I'm so glad you're home Mark! Uke on!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Mark.

:cheers:

Prayers given on Mark's behalf...

Thanks again for all your thoughts and good wishes. I'm doing well. My doctors believe that the blood thinner I'm on is working and my symptoms seem to be a little milder. The only concern they've expressed is that the large number of clots might suggest something systemic, rather than a single incident (like, for example, sitting during a long flight) and they're doing a bunch of tests to eliminate medical conditions that tend to increase the risk of clotting. Anyway, it's helped a lot to be in people's thoughts.

Thanks also for posting the Ukulele Festival video! That was a fun day and reliving it a bit through the video was very cool.

Thanks again!

Top Bottom