Mele Tenor Liliku 6 string

nikon-nut99

Reaction score
I just had the good fortune of purchasing a 2003 model of this wonderful Uke. I'd never heard one played before but took a chance. Boy has it paid off! This is a wonderful great sounding Uke. It's set-up with a low G...
My question.. does anyone have any experience with this Uke? Have one as well? I can't find much on the web... But I'm just picking the Uke back up after decades of absence...a
But I got.it tuned up properly. And what a sound it has. Does anyone know much of.it??? Thanks! Susan

No I dont have one....almost bought one but got a Kaneli'a 6 string instead. Mele Ukes are really really good, my nephew got a koa concert from them and it plays and sounds great. Any pictures? What type of wood is it as that will dictate the sound you get as well as the strings.
Best of luck and congrats!!!

No, I don't have one but I was wondering how you have it set it. Are using both a Low A and a Low G with the octave difference on the C strings? Love to hear a sound sample.

I have a mahogany Pono tenor 6 string and a Mele concert size 6 string. I use a Southcoast 8 string set and tune it G cC E AA. It sounds chimey and full. Those Mele's sound awesome. I haven't gotten the Southcoast's on the concert yet, but it still sounds great.

Top Bottom