Pickup advice requested - Time to plug in!

Bob-in-Alberta

Reaction score
The time has come in my ukulele education to be like Bob Dylan and plug in. I’ve decided that I’d really like a ukulele with a pickup that I can hook up to my Apple ipad and play around on Garageband with. I’ve ordered an Apogee Jam digital interface that I understand works well and my wife and I are off to Hawaii in three weeks so I’ll be in the ukulele hotbed of Oahu soon with a serious case of UAS. I have plans to make the trek to the north shore to Hawaii Music Supply where I’m sure that they won’t steer me wrong but I’d still like to get the input of my fellow forum members. I see many types of pickup available, passive and active. Does anyone have any input in regards to which way to go in regards to my proposed setup or any likes or dislikes in regards to certain manufacturers? I’ll be looking for an acoustic low G tenor.

Last edited:
I like active preamps, especially with tuners built in. I buy inexpensive ones directly from China and install them myself, with help from local installers to prep the bridge for the pickup. But HMS will be a great place to get it all done.

Top Bottom