Moore Bettah Tenor Milo and Bearclaw Sitka

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobmyers

Reaction score
I'm still not sure I want to sell it but the prices that the auctions on http://www.theukulelesite.com/auction-moore-bettah-spruce-milo-tenor.htmlsold are over $8000. Mine is even nicer than both I've seen sold lately. I would be asking $7500 shipped in hardcase to CONUS. Feeless tranaction on Paypal please.
So if you have always wanted one now is your chance.
Its in as new condition and was made for me in 2012 #1230.
Full description to follow with more pics. MISI by Chuck Moore.
Bob
Milo1.jpgMilo4.jpgMilo9.jpgMilo5.jpg

Last edited:
Yea, good luck with that.

It's not surprising to see some of these coming up for sale with the prices what they've been at auction. I also have a spruce milo and fabulous as it is, the prices these ukes are garnering makes selling them an attractive proposition. I'm at a point where I'm thinking about retirement in a couple of years. And I've got a use that might sell at a price that would be a good start towards a downpayment on a nice place to live during retirement. Good luck with the sale.

The problem with selling it is replacing it. If you play it and love it, then consider if you can go without having another one. You many never get a chance to buy another one.

I think it is a shame that a lot of the Moore Bettah are being bought by collectors. I look at them as instruments, beautiful made instruments, but still meant to be played.

I hope that more players can get a hold of these ukes. But to be honest, most musicians are not wealthy to begin with.

Anyway, good luck with selling it.

I agree with you Justin. The luthiers always say that the saddest thing to them is to see one of their instruments, years later, unused. I hope the person that buys this plays it.

I live in Florida, my reason for selling it is because my retirement home needs a new A/C unit. The present value of Moore Bettah ukes has made this too precious for me to own considering other life needs.
So here are the stats and some more pictures:
Bracing Top; Sitka Spruce with 3 fan pattern. Back; Honduran mahogany ladder
Binding; Curly Koa top , bottom and neck sides
Neck; Spanish cedar (carbon Fiber reinforced)
Slotted headstock, Macadamia nut overlay, Plumeria inlay (Gold and Paua Abalone)
Tuners; Grover sta tite
Side Sound Port; Upper bout Koa binding
Fretboard; Macadamia nut, bound with koa, another Plumeria inlay at tail end
Bridge; East Indian Rosewood
Rosette; Macadamia nut
Fret markers; Gold MOP
Nut and Saddle; Bone
Finish; Glossy Nitrocellulus lacquer
Strings Current; Savarez Custom Customer Concoctions C3, low G
Some more pics next.
MiloF.jpgMilo7.jpgMilo3.jpgMilo6.jpg

That is a lovely uke, and I'm sure it will be hard to part with. But I know there is a greater need for air conditioning when one lives in Florida. Good luck with the sale.

DownUpDave is not a sarcastic person. He is a real gentleman and a caring person.
I know he means good luck with the sales. Dont try to read something that is not there. Cheer!

Well said. Dave speaks from the heart. Good guy.

The uke that you reference is brand new with Chuck’s 2015 body shape and bridge along with the tedious addition of an arm bevel. Perhaps there is someone that wants your uke and is willing to pay that for it, but typically even a great uke will depreciate about 20% after being a few years old.

If you really need the money then maybe you could just sell at the full price you paid for it. Recoup all of your money and allow a player to buy it without any sign of profit as the motive.

On a side note, I'm thinking a retirement home in florida will need an AC. People may not want to pay the prices they ask to live in the facility if they don't have that. Right? Just common a sense need, even without your donation. It's just part of running a successful business in a hot and humid environment.

No offense intended. Just trying to be real about it. Hope everyone understands that.

I never thought I'd be arguing for the higher price and I agree with Andrew BUT on the other hand if you can get on a wait list for a MB or the wait list to get on a wait list it is worth something. One simply does not go out and buy a MB ukulele (not normally anyway) not having to wait for one to become available has a value. But again on yet another hand I think the last used one I saw sell sold for $5K. Winter is coming and soon A/C won't be needed in Florida, maybe wait until next year see what happens maybe the Canadian dollar will increase in value or the US dollar will drop and open up some new customers. You can always lower the price in March if it starts to get hot. The worst thing that could happen is you get to keep your MB.

... maybe you could just sell at the full price you paid for it. Recoup all of your money and allow a player to buy it without any sign of profit as the motive...

There's some truth to this, although if there is someone who is willing to pay what Bob asks for, all power to him. It's called a marketplace for a reason - supply/demand and all that.

In any case, this is way more reasonable than that guy who is trying to sell his MB for $50k.

In any case, this is way more reasonable than that guy who is trying to sell his MB for $50k.

The same one has been popping up on FMM and says "sold" now (altough I don't think anyone paid $50K for it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom