vorson electric uke string question?

And now you know why I just went with Blue Star to start with. :rolleyes: I hope it works out.

I wish I could I don't have the funds for something if that price anymore . Gonna buy allen keys and see if I can fix it today.
I thinj a lot of it is poor packing and ups man ha ndling it plus poor factory work.

turns out the tone knob was just poorly install and not pushed down enough and the hex screw was tightend holding it in
place askew. i took the screw out popped the knob off and reinstalled it its fine now. other than that can not complain
about this uke (it does have some hum though the amp but for 120 bucks i wasnt expecting RISA quality). Its good for now
would totally recommend it, with a few mods, its a quite playable electric ukulele for a modest price. Just wished amazon
would pack them better.

Interesting note on hum - my Vorson hums less than my Gibson Les Paul with dual humbuckers and Fender Stratocaster; through the same amp :)

I guess a tiny bit of hum is forgiveable on electric axes.

I like my Vorson now.. its well setup and plays well.
But it did take a lot of tweaking to get it like this. I don't think it comes great out of the box. Once tweaked, it is great value.

Interesting note on hum - my Vorson hums less than my Gibson Les Paul with dual humbuckers and Fender Stratocaster; through the same amp :)

I guess a tiny bit of hum is forgiveable on electric axes

the way i combat it is, i turn the volume down a bit on the uke and up on my amp seems
to work nicely. This uke overall is decent for what it is to hold me over. Eventually id like
to save up for a RISA LP tenor or a custom bluestar konablaster baritone (still regret selling mine).

Copper shielding tape. Roughly $5-7 and it's enough for usually two instruments. I have passive basses that are dead quiet, and it's a very easy mod to take care of any unwanted hum.

I recall venturing down this path - there are many instructions online on how to shield your electric guitars from interference as to reduce hum.
Then I spent many sleepless nights researching and reading all about hum. It seems it could be due to a lot of different factors.

The amp in my room really hummed on my electrics and it drove me crazy! I took my instruments to the local luthier to see if there was anything wrong with the internal wiring. Then I noticed that when I run my Vox amp on batteries, the hum is GONE!

I now plug my amp using a different power adapter, and now it's virtually hum free!
It was the power adapter's fault in my case, but it took a long time to narrow it down to that reason.

Last edited:
I recall venturing down this path - there are many instructions online on how to shield your electric guitars from interference as to reduce hum.
Then I spent many sleepless nights researching and reading all about hum. It seems it could be due to a lot of different factors.

The amp in my room really hummed on my electrics and it drove me crazy! I took my instruments to the local luthier to see if there was anything wrong with the internal wiring. Then I noticed that when I run my Vox amp on batteries, the hum is GONE!

I now plug my amp using a different power adapter, and now it's virtually hum free!
It was the power adapter's fault in my case, but it took a long time to narrow it down to that reason.[/QUOTE
]

I'm using a battery powered honey tone amp
Never had hum with m y konablaster or epiphone les Paul uke or guitar .....so assuming its the pick ups in this case.

thanks for the tip how do i go about using this tape to do this?

It's actually pretty easy (and like kissing said, there's some info on the internet), but the copper shielding tape is exactly that; a tape. You have to take everything out of the control cavity, and then use the tape to cover the entire cavity, leaving a little part out to touch the control cavity cover (the pic isn't exact, but you get the concept).

10165d1279891838-shielding-tape-paint-project-gilmour-works-progress-009.jpg

And then you also want to shield the entire cavity where the pickup sits as well, and also check to make sure that the ground wire running from the bridge has a solid connection. I usually put a piece of copper shielding tape around the ground wire, as I find that over time, the wire gets pushed into the wood of the body (from the bridge) enough that the contact isn't as solid as it used to be.

It's actually pretty easy (and like kissing said, there's some info on the internet), but the copper shielding tape is exactly that; a tape. You have to take everything out of the control cavity, and then use the tape to cover the entire cavity, leaving a little part out to touch the control cavity cover (the pic isn't exact, but you get the concept).

View attachment 84706

And then you also want to shield the entire cavity where the pickup sits as well, and also check to make sure that the ground wire running from the bridge has a solid connection. I usually put a piece of copper shielding tape around the ground wire, as I find that over time, the wire gets pushed into the wood of the body (from the bridge) enough that the contact isn't as solid as it used to be.

gotcha i may give this a try at a later date. im planning to replace the stock knobs with something
a little nicer looking pretty soon as well.

I've restrung my Vorson into baritone ukulele tuning - I feel like it's a far better instrument now !

Top Bottom