Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

grumpy_cat_by_suzukeii-d5pch4g.jpg

Is that Grumpy Cat by any chance?

Well we spent the week in Longleat. Had some snowfall Tuesday night that settled and was still there on the the grassy areas on Wednesday. Then nothing until this morning as we were packing up to leave. Thankfully we got on the road before it amounted to anything but Nathan loved watching it come down.

Super Impressed with the 'iRig Acoustic Stage' which arrived yesterday. A high precision mic and Interface all for £81.00 from Amazon, real bargain. Just clip on and away you go.
Heres a short demo .........

Sad story of ukuleles scorned... I've been flirting with a young lady online. She's a Myanmar local, and seemingly quite fun-loving and outgoing. Last night on messenger, we set up our first date for tonight. Then, last night, she asked me, "Do you sing?"... I think I responded with something like "others say I do... others not so much"... I thought I would impress her with my vast repertoire of ukulele YouTube videos, so I asked her who here favorite artists were. She responded with Celine Dion and Beyonce.... and so I sent her my SOTU renditions of "My heart Will Go On" (Week 174) and "If I Were a Boy" (Week 242)...Then I went to bed.

Guess what happened?

SHE STOOD ME UP! (Messaging at the last minute asking to reschedule)

I suppose after ten years of being single, about the same amount of time I've been playing uke, I should have learned our little 4-stringed friend is not a tool for attracting a partner.

Sad story of ukuleles scorned... I've been flirting with a young lady online. She's a Myanmar local, and seemingly quite fun-loving and outgoing. Last night on messenger, we set up our first date for tonight. Then, last night, she asked me, "Do you sing?"... I think I responded with something like "others say I do... others not so much"... I thought I would impress her with my vast repertoire of ukulele YouTube videos, so I asked her who here favorite artists were. She responded with Celine Dion and Beyonce.... and so I sent her my SOTU renditions of "My heart Will Go On" (Week 174) and "If I Were a Boy" (Week 242)...Then I went to bed.

Guess what happened?

I suppose after ten years of being single, about the same amount of time I've been playing uke, I should have learned our little 4-stringed friend is not a tool for attracting a partner.

You dont want her anyway! Someone that cant see a good thing when she sees it isnt worth it!
Your personality shines through and your charm is infectious. That speaks volumes.
If she cant see past your little tool it her loss! <snicker snicker> :)

Guess what happened?

Maybe she got the wrong Idea when you said you regularly change your nylons Joko .:D

You dont want her anyway! Someone that cant see a good thing when she sees it isnt worth it!
Your personality shines through and your charm is infectious. That speaks volumes.

:smileybounce:

Just ordered up a refurbed 7" tablet, to see if recording with it will spur me on to do more playing & recording.

Well that hasn't worked! :rolleyes:

So, I just ordered a Zoom H1 recorder today - let's see if that will help. ;)

I have the same trouble with not recording my harmonicas too, but maybe this will get me going again. :D

(If I remember right, it's one that Booli used to recommend.)

Well that hasn't worked! :rolleyes:

So, I just ordered a Zoom H1 recorder today - let's see if that will help. ;)

I have the same trouble with not recording my harmonicas too, but maybe this will get me going again. :D

(If I remember right, it's one that Booli used to recommend.)

Hardy har har. I bought a Zoom R16 multitrack recorder and extra mics, a fishman amp and a Digitech Trio+ pedal during my seasons hiatus and I haven't used any of 'em yet for recording. So much for techo inspiration! I had a zoom H2 when I first started the seasons. I finally broke it. I still miss that sucker!

That's not working for me either. Although Joko is more charming than I am.

Well I thought I had a Zoom H2N.
I lent it to my brother a long while ago.
I wanted it back to do some recording with Berni.
He can't find it!

Many years ago I lent my brother my Tom Paxton Rambling Boy LP.
He took it to New Zealand with him on his next voyage (he was a merchant seaman)
It was stolen from his ship while he was down under.
I reckon ports are the same the world over. :(

Top Bottom