Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

This is funny! On my last video I got a thumbs down within the first five minutes of me posting. There were four seasonistas on the thread at the time and my view count was four.............

Now WHICH ONE OF YOU WAS IT? I THOUGHT ALL FOUR OF YOU WERE MY FREINDS! :biglaugh:

I love how this thread has turned into a giant criticism of Benji's dish-washing speed.

I just checked my most-watched video, which for some bizarre reason is "Three Old Ladies Locked In A Lavatory". It has racked up over 4700 views, and I am impressed that only three people have given it a thumbs down. If I have offended anyone, then my work is done...

steve, i just googled "three old ladies locked in a lavatory" and your vid comes up on the first results page. i have the same thing with a song i wrote, "sleeping lions", it has a crazy amount of views, i couldn't figure it out, then i googled the title a while back, which of course is a kids' game, and there my vid was on the first page of google search results. i think people who google the phrases check out our vids, your vid is much more helpful to people looking for the song, than mine is for people looking for info on the game! i think people click on my vid, them probably mostly go what the ?????????????? and click away asap! but of course it still drives up the view count! i'm glad i found out why i was getting extra views, it had seemed pretty inexplicable before!

Got a few views on the first cover I did of Hurt nearly 5 years ago now. One thumb down.
The second cover, which I am much happier with - mainly the tempo as it has quite a few boo boos, has less views than I got likes for the first one but at this stage no thumbs downs.
Both of course had the one take policy applied.

What on earth is that "garment"???

That garment is no more it has passed on... expired and gone to meet the great cotton maker in the sky! Full of holes! Bereft of elasticity... it rests in peace... it's wearability is now 'istory... kicked the bucket... shuffled off the mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-UNDERGARMENT

Hello Seasonistas! I haven't been on here for absolutely ages. Just had a read back of a few pages to check that the folk I "know" are still around! Yeah.... that's great. The fact is, this year has been proving rather difficult. Starting January 1st when I realised that walking seemed to be harder work than it should be. In May I managed to do the tap dance routines with the other dancers in our group out in public; though I had a couple of issues, I got away with it... truth is that I can't dance now and even walking out and about is challenging. I've had some MRI scans and nerve conductivity tests are next week. I should be getting some answers before Christmas, but maybe not a full diagnosis. As you can imagine, this business fills my mind somewhat, and somehow my time just gets filled up. I have done a bit of songwriting over the last few weeks; that took my mind off things. Managing some extended family commitments is rather a headache that needs sorting... I have had a peep at the themes from time to time, but contributing has just been a goal too far.... I'm sorry! I'm attending weekly Tai Chi sessions at the hospital (for balance) at the moment.... I take my uke and give them a few songs at the end. George Formby! It brings a big smile.....all the other attendees are older than me... it goes down well, glad to say. I hope to get back to the Seasons, I really do. I do hope Tommy is ok, I saw that he's missing, too. Well, I'm sending love and best wishes out to all... I'll clock in again before too long. And thumbs-downers? 'Tain't me.......!!!

Hello Seasonistas! I haven't been on here for absolutely ages. Just had a read back of a few pages to check that the folk I "know" are still around! Yeah.... that's great. The fact is, this year has been proving rather difficult. Starting January 1st when I realised that walking seemed to be harder work than it should be. In May I managed to do the tap dance routines with the other dancers in our group out in public; though I had a couple of issues, I got away with it... truth is that I can't dance now and even walking out and about is challenging. I've had some MRI scans and nerve conductivity tests are next week. I should be getting some answers before Christmas, but maybe not a full diagnosis. As you can imagine, this business fills my mind somewhat, and somehow my time just gets filled up. I have done a bit of songwriting over the last few weeks; that took my mind off things. Managing some extended family commitments is rather a headache that needs sorting... I have had a peep at the themes from time to time, but contributing has just been a goal too far.... I'm sorry! I'm attending weekly Tai Chi sessions at the hospital (for balance) at the moment.... I take my uke and give them a few songs at the end. George Formby! It brings a big smile.....all the other attendees are older than me... it goes down well, glad to say. I hope to get back to the Seasons, I really do. I do hope Tommy is ok, I saw that he's missing, too. Well, I'm sending love and best wishes out to all... I'll clock in again before too long. And thumbs-downers? 'Tain't me.......!!!

That doesn't sound good. I hope you get answers soon.

Hello Seasonistas! I haven't been on here for absolute ages. Just had a read back of a few pages to check that the folk I "know" are still around! Yeah.... that's great. The fact is, this year has been proving rather difficult. Starting January 1st when I realised that walking seemed to be harder work than it should be. In May I managed to do the tap dance routines with the other dancers in our group out in public; though I had a couple of issues, I got away with it... truth is that I can't dance now and even walking out and about is challenging. I've had some MRI scans and nerve conductivity tests are next week. I should be getting some answers before Christmas, but maybe not a full diagnosis. As you can imagine, this business fills my mind somewhat, and somehow my time just gets filled up. I have done a bit of songwriting over the last few weeks; that took my mind off things. Managing some extended family commitments is rather a headache that needs sorting... I have had a peep at the themes from time to time, but contributing has just been a goal too far.... I'm sorry! I'm attending weekly Tai Chi sessions at the hospital (for balance) at the moment.... I take my uke and give them a few songs at the end. George Formby! It brings a big smile.....all the other attendees are older than me... it goes down well, glad to say. I hope to get back to the Seasons, I really do. I do hope Tommy is ok, I saw that he's missing, too. Well, I'm sending love and best wishes out to all... I'll clock in again before too long. And thumbs-downers? 'Tain't me.......!!!

Hi Lesley, I sure hope they get you sorted out soon. That isn't any fun at all. I do understand the absents from this place. It's a big commitment to be here every week when so many things want to pull us away. Sure am glad to hear you're still playing and getting smiles from the other patients.

As far as the thumbs down I think we are all getting a big giggle out of it. At least I am. I deserve more than i get :)

Wishing you all the best, Lesley, and hoping that your test results will show you the way forward, so that you can get back to the Seasons as soon as possible. X

That garment is no more it has passed on... expired and gone to meet the great cotton maker in the sky! Full of holes! Bereft of elasticity... it rests in peace... it's wearability is now 'istory... kicked the bucket... shuffled off the mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-UNDERGARMENT

I am not prepared to pursue my line of enquiry any longer as I think this is getting too silly!

Hello Seasonistas! I haven't been on here for absolutely ages...
So sorry to hear of your problems Lesley. I hope the tests find the problem, and you can get sorted. In the meantime, well done for bringing some cheer to others with the George Formby songs. And I should just let you know that "Tread Softly To The Stable" had its first outing of the year at our pub session last week. The ones that weren't there last year said "what a lovely song - can we do it again?"

Top Bottom