Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

WOW. I had no idea.

Even though it's restricted, hopefully it is faster than dialup!

If you run afoul of your plan's allotment, you could use your smartphone to connect to the internet and if it has a HOTSPOT feature and you have a data plan, you could turn that on and share the internet from your phone to your computer via WiFi (if your computer has WiFi)...

I would feel so isolated and claustrophobic without internet access.

Also, near me, lots of restaurants and fast-food joints have free and open WiFi so you can use their internet, but I would not do so without a VPN because if you use someone else's internet, they could be snooping on you and stealing your passwords in-situ as you login to your email, etc...

I hope it works out for you Val. We need you here on UU and YT :)

One of the hardest lessons in life seems that going from abundance of something, and then being forced to learn and accept living with much less of that something.

I am not explicitly referring to money, but feast-vs-famine or free-vs-constricted is not fun. :(

Would you believe I'm in the middle of nowhere doing exactly that right now? Better stop using up my data....

Have a speedy recovery pabrizzer. I'm reliably informed that it was 38C in Sydney today - we'll send you some snow :)

:confused: youtube playlists are back to autoplay?

did i just DREAM they didn't automatically go to the next song?

o_O

Likely this is saved as a 'session cookie' in your browser (which expire when you close the program), and if you've closed your browser, the cookie has either been auto-deleted on exit or 'expired'.

There are ways to prevent ANY videos, in playlist or otherwise from auto-playing, but it involves either addons to be installed in Firefox or Chrome, or some manual tweaking of the config files via the 'about:config' settings, but I hesitate to explain further as this can also render the programs inoperable if you are not careful and 'accidentally' change something else...

Another way, that is much less dangerous to the program, is to install an addon that is a 'cookie manager' (I used 'Cookie Keeper' in Firefox) that lets you SAVE certain cookies such that they persist beyond a single browser 'session' but the down side to this is that some cookies will also track you across the internet, so one needs to know how to use and not volunteer for surveillance of oneself to the nefarious entities that do this all over the internet.

OTOH -

The easiest way to fix auto-play, is the first time you open the browser AND load a playlist, turn the auto-play thingy OFF. Yes it is a PITA, but it is easy and non-permanent. The setting should persist for future playlists until you close your browser program. Rinse & repeat each time you open the browser.

Hope this helps! :)

-

P.S. - as of 11:30 PM EST, we have over 1" of snow on the ground outside here in NJ and are under a 'winter weather advisory' from the national weather service until 10am tomorrow.

Last edited:
I thought Hobart had a super-fast connection, Robin!

Hobart is average by Australian standards, which is pretty poor by world standards. However, I wasn't in Hobart at the time. I was at Cradle Mountain.

In honor of the movie "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" being released in US theaters tomorrow, I leave you with this:

jBbN6ie.jpg

VvwIK6f.jpg

Gimme some popcorn, PWEEZE! :)

[BTW - I did not create these myself, just found them on the eentar-webs]

thanks so much for the youtube info, booli!

and for the star wars excitement!

as if a new star wars film wasn't enough, the new dr who regenerates in the upcoming christmas eppy of the show

IT'S ALL HAPPENING!!!!!

aw-doctor-who-jodie-whitaker-feature1.jpg

bring it! :rock:

thanks so much for the youtube info, booli!

and for the star wars excitement!

as if a new star wars film wasn't enough, the new dr who regenerates in the upcoming christmas eppy of the show

IT'S ALL HAPPENING!!!!!

aw-doctor-who-jodie-whitaker-feature1.jpg

bring it! :rock:

Have not seen Dr Who in a long long time. There were quite a few raised eyebrows when Jodie Whittaker was announced as the new Dr. “Raised eyebrows” is putting it mildly in some quarters. I think she’ll be brilliant, and if it shakes things up a bit, great. Plus, she’s a local Yorkshire lass so what’s not to like. She was great in Attack The Block, and Adult Life Skills too :)

Have not seen Dr Who in a long long time. There were quite a few raised eyebrows when Jodie Whittaker was announced as the new Dr. “Raised eyebrows” is putting it mildly in some quarters. I think she’ll be brilliant, and if it shakes things up a bit, great. Plus, she’s a local Yorkshire lass so what’s not to like. She was great in Attack The Block, and Adult Life Skills too :)

The usual [tabloid] suspects aired their prejudices. Surprise, surprise. they are pedlars of hate, after all.

Top Bottom