Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

Thanks for the advice Wee, I finally just waited and it started working again. In fact here's one now, my new uke that arrived today! Help me name this one folks, looking for something that start's with an "M", that kinda matches the names of my other 2 Bonanza's, "Melody" and "Mallow".

... Help me name this one folks, looking for something that start's with an "M", that kinda matches the names of my other 2 Bonanza's, "Melody" and "Mallow". ...

For names, how about:

- Melvin
- Merlin
- Mandy
- Marco

Or if ok to drop the M starting letter, and to coordinate with 'Melody', how about 'Harmony'?

Thanks for the advice Wee, I finally just waited and it started working again. In fact here's one now, my new uke that arrived today! Help me name this one folks, looking for something that start's with an "M", that kinda matches the names of my other 2 Bonanza's, "Melody" and "Mallow".

How about "Maria" in honor of the Hurricane?

Gary Country got a new Concert form a company called Hurricane, I suggested he call it "Harvey".

Lots of good suggestions, thanks. I've decided to call it "Moana", which was suggested by Shelley of Bonanza ukuleles. Moana is Hawaiian for ocean.

this thing is so cool! I want one since I got the vox pathfinder 10 amp instead of the mini5 rhythm. It seems much more versatile to boot.

wow that is a great bit of kit, i love it has congas and bongos, it would be like having your very own :bowdown: mickey finn from t rex!!

Don't you know that one of those has your name on it?

Use this one, and your red Korg drum thingy together and you'll have a whole wild percussion section to back you up. :)

i'll have to see what santa brings, luckily of course, i am always a really good girl :rolleyes: so if he checks that list, even if he checks it twice, he'll see i've only ever been nice :uhoh: mebbe

quick question. its been a while since I played regularly or something new. is a capital G in a tab reentrant or low g? I am playing something unfamiliar and don't know which is right for a certain piece. thanks.

quick question. its been a while since I played regularly or something new. is a capital G in a tab reentrant or low g? I am playing something unfamiliar and don't know which is right for a certain piece. thanks.
As far as I'm aware the arrangement/piece will usually specifify 'High G' or 'Low G' rather than use a 'g' or 'G' ? As the most commonly used is re-entrant High I usually just go with that unless it starts to sound a bit wonky then I start thinking about plan B rather than G !! Lol

Last edited:
right on. it doesn't specify. personally think the melody is better low g. I'll keep practicing on both and decide later. thanks

so excited. I just put a bid in on a website for a schoenhut toy piano. Hoping I win of course! :D

Top Bottom