Page 166 of 193 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 1929

Thread: Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

Sometimes when I go back to an old vid in the video manager it won't play really old vids but if I do a search in YouTube it will find them and play them. So they're still viable.
    So just do a YouTube search and see if they play that way.

For the future, get a large external hard drive and transfer your videos to it from time to time to free up internal hard drive space. External USB hard drives up to 2Tb are quite reasonably priced. Another thought, YouTube massively compress videos so keeping your own preserves the original quality.
    Geoff Walker

I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

at least, not yet.

I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

Quote Originally Posted by lelouden View Post
    ...Now the reason that I am concerned is because if I die tomorrow my family won't be able to go to my channel and find ALL of my vids...
    That's just not going to happen Linda. After all, you are due to host Season 290. Everybody knows that hosting a Season postpones your demise until at least the wrap-up video.
    Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander
    Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor"
    Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box
    ...all with Worth strings
    ...and a few chords

hey linda. i just went to your youtube channel, selected videos/uploads, and got it to sort by oldest video first, the first one up is brahms lullaby, posted 8 october 2013, for season 86 - was that your first season vid?

In order to help Linda save her videos, just in case she cannot get them back from her computer, I am currently using a Python program called "youtube-dl" to batch download all videos from her YouTube channel, and after speaking with her later, I will make them available somewhere else online for her to download them again back to her computer.

[original technical details that were here have been removed, since in the hands and mind of someone with malicious intent, this information cane be dangerous and/or used for abuse, i.e., don't give a loaded gun to someone who is not trained with firearms ]

This is likely to run by itself for a few hours, and if something bad happens, it can be restarted and will resume where it left off, so it will not download everything all over again...

I live in Python for my 'day job'. Welcome to my world!
    Last edited by Booli; 08-07-2017 at 08:37 PM. Reason: typos

I back all mine up on DVD. But I can still find my whole list all the way back to the beginning with no problem.
    Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

I don't know about you guys, but I've really been enjoying the one song limit this season. I can actually keep up with the entries!

Well I made it through the day while I traveled back from the cool mountain to the heat today! ;-)

Pa, I did do a search back to the first video I made. It was TERRIBLE but it did play fine. If I go into my manager I can get all my vids to show up but I am the only one that can access that. On My Channel I can only go back the April of last year. It won't take me any further than that.

Geoff, I have been meaning to pick up an external HD for some time. I normally would have burned all these vids but my procrastination made 550+ vids an overwhelming thought. I figured if I crocked anytime soon and my children really wanted the vids for some reason they could download them with a program like the one I use...................WHAT??? I just realized it is missing from my YT channel????

Now I have to contact Rex who recently asked me what it is and redownload it!

About a month ago while I was in the mountains I recorded a vid for the season and my computer started to glitch out like they do when they are out of room. I fought with the decision about deleting everything while I was there and made the poor decision to delete all vids knowing I had YT as a back up. Believe me that was hard to do knowing I hadn't bought a external HD and taken care of it when my gut told me to do it. Everyone go get one today and don't do what I did. I should have just closed the laptop for a week and taken care of it properly when I got home.........but the seasons........well, you know the rest!

Steve, thank you for willing me to live until season 290

Lynda, That is very interesting. Thank you for checking. Yes season 86 was my second season. I think I have my terrible season 85 "wonderful world" private. Thank goodness I was at least smart enough to do that! Maybe my children would be able to find my vids after all. I do have at least four weeks before season 290 to solve this problem unless of course the universe want me to go this young. 28 is way to young to die!

Booli, You are a dream! I was hoping you would have some way of helping me through this. I haven't read my PMs as of yet but I plan to put on my thinking cap and try and understand your computer lingo as soon as I can You are very generous with your knowledge and offer. I will PM soon!

Thanks everyone for your response and help. I really appreciate this group of great people.

<insert heart emoji here>

L
    Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by lelouden View Post
    unless of course the universe want me to go this young. 28 is way to young to die!
    lol! i hear you!

Thread Information