Page 164 of 164 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1640

Thread: Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

Quote Originally Posted by robinboyd View Post
    And it survived without a scratch! I'll show you all soon. Not sure if I'm going to wait for these strings to settle or change them straight away. I have a strong dislike for the current strings. The uke itself seems great, though.
    So glad to hear the good news [sigh of relief for you] looking forward to hearing/seeing it

If you dislike the strings it came with, I'd just change them straight off, I do that on my ukes.
    Keith M --> likes a long neck - & being different.....

I'm going to let Tiffany have a listen first, but yeah, I think that's what I'll do. In the long term, I want to have this one as a low G uke, and I don't have any spare low G sets for concert at the moment. I have a set of bionylons that might work in the interim.

I'm not sure what strings they used for this uke, but it has a wound C string. It seems like they've taken a low G nylon set, but then used it to string the uke re-entrant, so the G string becomes the C string and so on. It's very strange.

Being majestic.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

sage advice? pls tell me true:

credit/source from 'The Oatmeal', here

Here's another from The Oatmeal that I thought was a nice thought, and can apply to everyone/anyone...

source here

Quote Originally Posted by Booli View Post
    Here's another from The Oatmeal that I thought was a nice thought, and can apply to everyone/anyone...

source here
    This sentiment really bugs me. From the other perspective it could be written as "I could be saving the world if you weren't being so needy." Yeah I know, I'm a just being a big grump. Don't mind me. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by robinboyd View Post
    This sentiment really bugs me. From the other perspective it could be written as "I could be saving the world if you weren't being so needy." Yeah I know, I'm a just being a big grump. Don't mind me. Carry on.
    I never would have thought of it that way. Interesting. No worries!

Just bought myself a (new to me) pre used 'toy' - but it's not a uke!

I was rooting around the other day & came across my flute, bought pre used back in about 2002, (which was pre internet for me).

Didn't really got on with it back then, couldn't get the embouchure, but since I've learned to play uke, & am learning to play harmonica, I thought I'd get myself a copy of the 'Flute for Dummies' book.

Anyway, whilst on the internet browsing, I came across the Yamaha plastic fife, ordered it, & it arrived the other day, & that sparked off my old wanting to try a piccolo.
    So I went browsing again, they're expensive beasties, a Yamaha YPC-32 student piccolo is £567, I found a 'new old stock' one priced at £499.99, & was very tempted.
    But, continuing my 'research', I came across a pre used YPC-32 for £285 - how could I resist - so it will be on its way to me very soon.

So now I will have to share my time between these, my harmonicas, & my ukes - who knew retirement would be so busy.
    Keith M --> likes a long neck - & being different.....

Quote Originally Posted by uke1950 View Post
    So now I will have to share my time between these, my harmonicas, & my ukes - who knew retirement would be so busy.
    Congrats Keith!

It is a true blessing that we live in a time where joy can be found easily through music.

If/when you learn to do multi-tracking you can combine all of your instruments together, and maybe realize a whole new level of creativity...(just a thought )

Thread Information