Page 206 of 224 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2235

Thread: Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

Quote Originally Posted by barefootgypsy View Post
    Hello Seasonistas! I haven't been on here for absolutely ages...
    So sorry to hear of your problems Lesley. I hope the tests find the problem, and you can get sorted. In the meantime, well done for bringing some cheer to others with the George Formby songs. And I should just let you know that "Tread Softly To The Stable" had its first outing of the year at our pub session last week. The ones that weren't there last year said "what a lovely song - can we do it again?"
    www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

Quote Originally Posted by bird's eye view of my ukelele View Post
    steve, i just googled "three old ladies locked in a lavatory" and your vid comes up on the first results page.
    Good grief - that explains it. I thought maybe it had gone viral on a Methodist Ladies chat forum. Isn't Google a mystery?

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

Quote Originally Posted by YorkSteve View Post
    So sorry to hear of your problems Lesley. I hope the tests find the problem, and you can get sorted. In the meantime, well done for bringing some cheer to others with the George Formby songs. And I should just let you know that "Tread Softly To The Stable" had its first outing of the year at our pub session last week. The ones that weren't there last year said "what a lovely song - can we do it again?"
    Hope it all turns out well Lesley and sending positive vibes your way by the bucket load.
    A lovely song indeed. I'll record it again this December. I was quite pleased with one we did a few years ago.
    Would love to be able to play with the balances between instruments and voice but it is what it is. The song deserves world wide attention imho.
    Last edited by pabrizzer; 11-22-2017 at 12:21 AM.

All the best to our missing Seasonistas, hope you get well soon.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.
    Formerly known as uke1950.

Quote Originally Posted by wee_ginga_yin View Post
    That garment is no more it has passed on... expired and gone to meet the great cotton maker in the sky! Full of holes! Bereft of elasticity... it rests in peace... it's wearability is now 'istory... kicked the bucket... shuffled off the mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-UNDERGARMENT
    That was funny. Where are your gamma rays?

Good grief - that explains it. I thought maybe it had gone viral on a Methodist Ladies chat forum. Isn't Google a mystery?
    Steve! Have you ever thought of doing "Never Push Your Granny Off a Bus"?
    Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

Quote Originally Posted by LimousinLil View Post
    Steve! Have you ever thought of doing "Never Push Your Granny Off a Bus"?
    I don't think I know that one, but it sounds like my sort of thing. Possibly similar to "Don't jump off the roof, Dad (You'll make a hole in the yard)".

Quote Originally Posted by wee_ginga_yin View Post
    That garment is no more it has passed on... expired and gone to meet the great cotton maker in the sky! Full of holes! Bereft of elasticity... it rests in peace... it's wearability is now 'istory... kicked the bucket... shuffled off the mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-UNDERGARMENT
    And now for something completely different...
    Geoff Walker

I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

at least, not yet.

I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

I don't think I know that one, but it sounds like my sort of thing. Possibly similar to "Don't jump off the roof, Dad (You'll make a hole in the yard)".
    Here you go.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Ah, yes ... "Don't Jump Off The Roof, Dad" was going to be my next suggestion!
    Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

Thread Information