Page 206 of 224 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2235

Thread: Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

  1. #2051
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    York
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barefootgypsy View Post
    Hello Seasonistas! I haven't been on here for absolutely ages...
    So sorry to hear of your problems Lesley. I hope the tests find the problem, and you can get sorted. In the meantime, well done for bringing some cheer to others with the George Formby songs. And I should just let you know that "Tread Softly To The Stable" had its first outing of the year at our pub session last week. The ones that weren't there last year said "what a lovely song - can we do it again?"
    www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

    Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

  2. #2052
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    York
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bird's eye view of my ukelele View Post
    steve, i just googled "three old ladies locked in a lavatory" and your vid comes up on the first results page.
    Good grief - that explains it. I thought maybe it had gone viral on a Methodist Ladies chat forum. Isn't Google a mystery?
    www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

    Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

  3. #2053
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Coast, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    4,900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YorkSteve View Post
    So sorry to hear of your problems Lesley. I hope the tests find the problem, and you can get sorted. In the meantime, well done for bringing some cheer to others with the George Formby songs. And I should just let you know that "Tread Softly To The Stable" had its first outing of the year at our pub session last week. The ones that weren't there last year said "what a lovely song - can we do it again?"
    Hope it all turns out well Lesley and sending positive vibes your way by the bucket load.
    A lovely song indeed. I'll record it again this December. I was quite pleased with one we did a few years ago.
    Would love to be able to play with the balances between instruments and voice but it is what it is. The song deserves world wide attention imho.
    Last edited by pabrizzer; 11-22-2017 at 12:21 AM.

  4. #2054
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Upper Hale, Surrey/Hants border, UK.
    Posts
    4,217

    Default

    All the best to our missing Seasonistas, hope you get well soon.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.
    Formerly known as uke1950.

  5. #2055
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wee_ginga_yin View Post
    That garment is no more it has passed on... expired and gone to meet the great cotton maker in the sky! Full of holes! Bereft of elasticity... it rests in peace... it's wearability is now 'istory... kicked the bucket... shuffled off the mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-UNDERGARMENT
    That was funny. Where are your gamma rays?

  6. #2056
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Half-way up a hill in Southwest France
    Posts
    729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YorkSteve View Post
    Good grief - that explains it. I thought maybe it had gone viral on a Methodist Ladies chat forum. Isn't Google a mystery?
    Steve! Have you ever thought of doing "Never Push Your Granny Off a Bus"?
    Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

  7. #2057
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    York
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LimousinLil View Post
    Steve! Have you ever thought of doing "Never Push Your Granny Off a Bus"?
    I don't think I know that one, but it sounds like my sort of thing. Possibly similar to "Don't jump off the roof, Dad (You'll make a hole in the yard)".
    www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

    Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

  8. #2058
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Oop North in England
    Posts
    5,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wee_ginga_yin View Post
    That garment is no more it has passed on... expired and gone to meet the great cotton maker in the sky! Full of holes! Bereft of elasticity... it rests in peace... it's wearability is now 'istory... kicked the bucket... shuffled off the mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-UNDERGARMENT
    And now for something completely different...
    Geoff Walker

    I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

    at least, not yet.

    I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

    Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

  9. #2059
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Villähde Finland
    Posts
    3,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YorkSteve View Post
    I don't think I know that one, but it sounds like my sort of thing. Possibly similar to "Don't jump off the roof, Dad (You'll make a hole in the yard)".
    Here you go.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

  10. #2060
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Half-way up a hill in Southwest France
    Posts
    729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YorkSteve View Post
    I don't think I know that one, but it sounds like my sort of thing. Possibly similar to "Don't jump off the roof, Dad (You'll make a hole in the yard)".
    Ah, yes ... "Don't Jump Off The Roof, Dad" was going to be my next suggestion!
    Walnut Flea Soprano, Eleuke Peanut, Rob Collins Soprano, Motu, Ukubidon, Gretsch Camp Ukulele, Tenor "Style Manouche", Hora mahogany Baritone, Roger Terry baritone, Sylvain Enjoubaut concert, Outdoor Ukulele (tenor), Ohana Vita, Ohana KA-6 (6-string tenor), DoudsandJo electro-acoustic tenor.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •