Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

do you have a pocket uke, keith? it's a size i don't have and you know what THAT means - UAS kicking in!

Often thought about getting one, but I have difficulty with soprano scale, so no, I'm not in the market for anything less than concert scale now. :)
(Did I mention that I recently got an Ohana SK30M long neck. :D )

You know you want one - you can hang it off the headstock of your diddly bow....... :rofl:

thanks, it looks great!

oh, you're good!!

do you have a pocket uke, keith? it's a size i don't have and you know what THAT means - UAS kicking in!

Really it is too small for me to play well but I bought it just because I wanted a full set of Zebras all alike. I plant o use it to teach littel kids.

My CC-100 Concert is the older tribal flames pattern rosette and I'm thinking about buying a new one, just so all four are alike. But another $55 is a lot for me to spend for a 12th Uke! My CC-100 sounds so good that I'm afraid a new one might not be as good.

The Sopranino CP-100 was only $29 and $12 for the gig bag that fits it, so I figured for my birthday it was worth it. Surprisingly it only took about five days all the way from China to California.

You know you want one - you can hang it off the headstock of your diddly bow....... :rofl:
what a great way to get a uke in the vid!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

The Sopranino CP-100 was only $29 and $12 for the gig bag that fits it, so I figured for my birthday it was worth it. Surprisingly it only took about five days all the way from China to California.
wow that is a really great price!!!!!!!!!

I don't know. If he tried to do his trademark "figure 8" strum, he'd probably miss the whole instrument.
lol!!!!!

Don't know if you folks are on to it but this youtube channel by Rick Beato is blowing my mind this week. I think it is a must subscribe channel for every muscian. I'll get around to my entry eventually. :D

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJquYOG5EL82sKTfH9aMA9Q
wow i checked out his djent vid - slowed down, on classical instrument strings, that passage sounded like baroque music, i'm guessing handel totally used to djent!

I am really upset right now. Get ready for a YouTube rant ...

I got an email today from YouTube saying I had a video taken down for copyright issues. I wasn't all that surprised, until I saw which video. It was the one where I remixed pabrizzer's original song Medusa. That's a song he wrote that I got his permission to turn into a duet for a later season. I highly doubt Pa filed that copyright claim :) So not only am I mad I have a strike against my account now, but apparently somebody is out there claiming copyright on one of Pa's original songs. :mad:

I've sent them a scathing email requesting they reinstate that video and explained the details, but for now it appears my creator account is locked until I complete YouTube's "Copyright School." This is the first time they've flat out removed a video, but in the past I've had copyright claims placed on my own original song videos that I had to fight. It's becoming really frustrating.

I've tried to be really cool about this stuff, otherwise I'd be very hypocritical. I do put up tons of covers that I don't have the license for, after all. Most of you folks have been going through this stuff for years longer than I have, do you have any advice for me? Is there anything I can do to avoid the fuzz? I don't keep backups of my videos anywhere (maybe I should start) so I'd be devastated if my account got deleted.

Youtube can be a right pain at times - all my stuff is throwaway. :cool:

Download all your vids to keep them safe, Booli did it for another member, I'm pretty sure he'd be happy to explain how to do it.

(Some people just seem to be unlucky, most of us haven't had any bother.)

Youtube can be a right pain at times - all my stuff is throwaway. :cool:

Download all your vids to keep them safe, Booli did it for another member, I'm pretty sure he'd be happy to explain how to do it.

(Some people just seem to be unlucky, most of us haven't had any bother.)

'WALL OF TEXT' WARNING - rapidly scrolling past this post and not reading it, you will ignore the following at your own peril.

Anything worth keeping, one does not depend on a single storage device or single cloud service for backup.

ALL hard drives and SSDs will eventually fail, and cloud services can disappear (CrashPlan is closing it's consumer biz, and once it shuts down, all your files backed up to them are gone FOREVER)

You need at least ONE external hard drive EACH for Daily, Weekly and Monthly backups and the Weekly and Monthly should be stored somewhere NOT at your home, but like in a safety deposit box at your bank....

AND you also should have some kind of cloud backup (DropBox or similar) for the most important family photos, videos, legal documents, insurance papers, and if you can afford it a cloud backup like BackBlaze or similar...

If your ONLY copy is either on a single computer, or single cloud provider, you are ALREADY screwed, because either can disappear in a moment. House fire, or hurricane and all your stuff at home is GONE. Cloud backup prevents losing everything, but in Hurricane or earthquake, local safety deposit box at bank could ALSO be GONE.

Everyone has their own tolerance for risk, but if your ONLY copy of your Seasons vids is in YT, and you say you care about them, YOU NEED TO BACK THEM UP, somewhere, anywhere that is NOT YouTube.

YouTube can delete them. for ANY reason, and without notice to you, and without your permission. You agreed to this when you signed up to YouTube, but likely did not READ the 'Terms OF Service' (TOS) document.

This is with ANY cloud service. SO if you are angry after reading this, it might be worth considering WHY you are angry, and remember to please do NOT shoot the messenger here, for I am only sharing info based upon 40 yrs of experience with computers, and 30 yrs of that time getting paid for it in my career...and LOTS of education and Certifications in various technologies...

So, I'm 48 now, so from age 8 to 18 it was just a 'hobby', but ever since 18 yrs old, it has been 'my job' :)

When I was 8 I had a computer that did nothing when you turned it on but say 'READY?', and you had to program it from scratch and save your programs to a cassette tape before it could do ANYTHING. There was no public internet back then, so we've come a long way.

The point is, there is no reason ANYONE should lose any data, ignorance is not a reason.

GOOD Backup programs are free or cheap.

2TB USB hard drives are ~$100 USD now.

YT has tons of tutorials on how to implement a good backup strategy.

However, I must caution you:

'Ignore the above at your own risk.' :)

ah yes, computers when you stored programmes on a cassette

the sound that tape made, beeps and wotnot

i was watching a film a little while back, that i'd taped (video tape - ah yes) ages ago, and i watched the ad breaks because they were a nostalgia-fest, and one was for a computer - atari? commodore? i forget now, but it had 4k yes 4 whole k of memory!

we've come a long way baby, let's face it, skyping with someone the other side of the planet would have been a scene worthy of a star trek eppy, and i'm actually thinking as recently as star trek voyager, not even the original series!

ah yes, computers when you stored programmes on a cassette

the sound that tape made, beeps and wotnot

i was watching a film a little while back, that i'd taped (video tape - ah yes) ages ago, and i watched the ad breaks because they were a nostalgia-fest, and one was for a computer - atari? commodore? i forget now, but it had 4k yes 4 whole k of memory!

we've come a long way baby, let's face it, skyping with someone the other side of the planet would have been a scene worthy of a star trek eppy, and i'm actually thinking as recently as star trek voyager, not even the original series!

Yep, early Commodore Pet, C64, Atari, IBM, Apple, Acorn, Sinclair, and Radio Shack TRS-80 as well as a few others all booted into ROM and had 4K of RAM if you where lucky, and had the BASIC programming language built-in to the ROM and rudimentary commands to load and save programs from a 'tape drive' (as we called it back then)...

That's when I started.

Then later in the 90's, when the Motorola StarTac flip phone came out, it was often compared to the Star Trek 'communicator' (from the original series with Shatner and Nimoy) and some called it 'The Star Trek phone'...

When the first iPhones and first iPads came out, they were compared to the Star Trek PADD units, and some folks went nuts designing skins and sound for an overlay that made it look like the LCARS computer screens, and as I recall lots of apps for simulating a Tricorder, which now with Apple's HealthKit API's some of that is possible that a medical Tricorder was supposed to do...

One thing I dont miss are the modem sounds, like the fax sounds that would happen during the handshaking when you would dial-up to some remote BBS or to AOL or other online services...

Oh Yeah Baby! we've come a long way indeed! :) :music:

Thank you for the words of wisdom/warning. Just a quick update, after jumping through all the "Copyright School" hoops, I was finally able to see who requested the video be removed.

I had forgotten this, but that video opened with some really cool artwork of Medusa. Well, the artist who created that was the one who filed the claim, so it appears to be legit. I guess I'll put my torch and pitchfork away.

Thank you for the words of wisdom/warning. Just a quick update, after jumping through all the "Copyright School" hoops, I was finally able to see who requested the video be removed.

I had forgotten this, but that video opened with some really cool artwork of Medusa. Well, the artist who created that was the one who filed the claim, so it appears to be legit. I guess I'll put my torch and pitchfork away.

awww man, I was gonna light a bonfire and assemble a posse...

I guess that I'll put away the lighter fluid and shotguns, just because I have to.

I'm glad you got it sorted out.:)

Oh, he probably saw you were calling it original and thought you were claiming both the song and the artwork. I'll have to keep that in mind in the future.

Top Bottom