Page 175 of 206 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 2059

Thread: Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

I came over here to complain about the new YT layout and things not working properly and see that Im not alone! I am using Safari.

I sure hope it doesn't give me grief this week!

Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.

After reading this weeks theme I dug out all the songs I think I can play ( there is some debate about my ability) and found I had 12 songs by Willy Nelson, Johnny Cash and John Denver that "I CAN play/sing." Amazing!

I generally get so wound around my axel that It's Sunday before I have a song that I beieve is creditable. But this week I'm going to record all 12 and pick the best five to enter.

You have been warned!

don't forget to put the other 7 on the island!

Jack that is exciting news. I love it when that happens to me. Im with BEV. Cant wait to hear what you bring
    Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by bird's eye view of my ukelele View Post
    don't forget to put the other 7 on the island!
    Why not.......
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.
    Formerly known as uke1950.

Quote Originally Posted by lelouden View Post
    Jack that is exciting news. I love it when that happens to me. Im with BEV. Cant wait to hear what you bring
    Yeah, I've been practicing City of New Orleans and still having trouble with the Bb in the chorus. But I'm working on it. The reason I put up my first post is to challenge myself to actually get going on this. Sort of putting my moaning where my mouth is! ;-)

I've done some of these songs before with Gary, but this week I want to go solo. When we play/sing together I depend on him to keep my strum in check and mask my off key voice. Gary just got a new concert and I'm hoping he'll use it this week. I've got a new Sopranino Pocket Uke coming and I hope it makes here it this week. It was in LAX customs Saturday so Maybe!

Keith already did my Amazing Grace but maybe I'll do a vocal of it as he just played an instrumental.

Don't ever worry about repeats. Truly they are never repeats as no-one does a song the same way. Thats what I love about the seasons

Looking forward to it Jack!

Sometimes repeats are the best part of a Season!
    Randy - Harry122

YaHoo my newest littlest Zebra showed up today and I took it up to have it set up and the right strings put on it. I'll get it back tomorrow and see how well it plays in gCEA. The strings it came with would only tune to aDF#B. I have just about learned to play in C and G tuning, learning another one would get me even more confused! I also figure out the problem with my mic so I can probably get the Sopranino's to record well.

I'm wondering how Johnny Cash will sound on a pocket uke!

at a rough guess, fabulous!

Thread Information