Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

Hello all, bit of an ask here, so feel free to ignore. After much nagging my musician boyfriend has set up a proper youtube channel rather than having badly filmed random videos of him from others all over youtube - the plan is that I'll make and edit some vaguely professional videos of him. We've done the grand total of...1 so far :D

Anyway, he plays kind of complex self-composed instrumentals and sings English, Irish and Scottish folk music. If that's the type of thing you like maybe you'd subscribe. Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVwGof5HiA6-p9cQQK1TjtQ

Hobby Horse Finnish Championships

In Finland we have air guitar, wife carrying, smart phone throwing
competitions, and now the latest craze is for hobby horse riding.
But where are all the boys???

Maybe the boys are out training for this next year. My wife said no. And so did I.

Maybe the boys are out training for this next year. My wife said no. And so did I.

The UK course may be longer but the Finnish one is more difficult. It looks like
they are doing the wife carrying competitions all over the world now.

Yorkshiremen with heavy wives may prefer to try this.

I was talking to my tobaccoinist today and he said he would give me his old wooden Cigar boxes when they are empty. He has some that are about 6X8 inches and about 3 inches deep. smaller than 'normal', would they be a good basis for a Sopraninoish CBU?

Welcome back BEVOMU

I was talking to my tobaccoinist today and he said he would give me his old wooden Cigar boxes when they are empty. He has some that are about 6X8 inches and about 3 inches deep. smaller than 'normal', would they be a good basis for a Sopraninoish CBU?

Welcome back BEVOMU

I've seen some made with those small boxes. Just depends on if you'll be satisfied with less resonance.

New spectator sport in Finland which is usually attended by 5000 people
Watching cows set free to go to Spring pastures.

Steve 'n' Seagulls is a Finnish country band, playing bluegrass versions of well-known hard rock and metal songs.

I have spent today moving everything onto a new computer. Nearly everything. I have now officially lost the will to live. Hopefully it will come back soon.

Top Bottom