Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

Just a 'heads up' - I requested my screen name be changed - (thanks seeso/Narciso Lobo).

I am now to be known as 'Croaky Keith' - a better fit you will no doubt agree. :D
(Formerly uke1950)

Welcome to your new UU name!

Is it a rebirth maybe? like a renaissance (in the poetic sense)?

In any case, I'm glad you are here on UU :)

I just had a weird thing happen. The views on my most recent entry just doubled in the space of about 10 hours and I got my first ever dislike. I suppose some non seasons people must have stumbled on it.

I just had a weird thing happen. The views on my most recent entry just doubled in the space of about 10 hours and I got my first ever dislike. I suppose some non seasons people must have stumbled on it.

Sorry to hear about that 'thumbs down' Robin. I guess some folks have nothing better to do other than spread negativity. I feel sorry for them. Their lives must be so miserable and empty.

On the upside, your popularity is gaining!

I prefer not to deal with the riff-raff and have kept all my vids unlisted. Yes, I know they can still be found in a handful of ways in spite of this setting, but not by general searching on YT or Google as far as I can tell. So far it has helped to avoid the trolls and the copyright police.

At least someone is not wholesale pirating your videos/mirroring them and re-uploading them to another channel like they have done, and continue to do to Linda (lelouden).

Yeah - 'Fame' comes with a price.......

Don't let it worry you, it's only one idiot....... who probably can't play anyway. ;)

If you look at some of the "biggie" posts there are always a few thumbs down and some of the negative comments are really quite unpleasant. If you don't like something, fair enough but I don't get why people have to be nasty about it. We nearly lost BEV because of someone persistantly giving her a thumbs down. It's so unnecessary.

Sorry to hear about that 'thumbs down' Robin. I guess some folks have nothing better to do other than spread negativity. I feel sorry for them. Their lives must be so miserable and empty.

On the upside, your popularity is gaining!

I prefer not to deal with the riff-raff and have kept all my vids unlisted. Yes, I know they can still be found in a handful of ways in spite of this setting, but not by general searching on YT or Google as far as I can tell. So far it has helped to avoid the trolls and the copyright police.

At least someone is not wholesale pirating your videos/mirroring them and re-uploading them to another channel like they have done, and continue to do to Linda (lelouden).

I went unlisted to begin with. The only reason I've made them public in recent times is seasonistas have said they would like to be able to search for old videos on my channel, and I'd like to be able to oblige them. I would be shocked if it was a seasonista that did it. I think it was most likely a Yungblud fan that was looking for the official film clip or something and was bitterly disappointed to find a middle-aged very amateur ukulele player.

Suspecting fellow seasonistas of giving thumbs down says WAY more about the mind set of the person doing the suspecting than it does of this community we have here.
I know of no regularly contributing seasonista who would give a fellow seasonista a thumbs down on their videos.
Just point blank refuse to believe it!

The general YouTube world on the other hand ...........

Suspecting fellow seasonistas of giving thumbs down says WAY more about the mind set of the person doing the suspecting than it does of this community we have here.
I know of no regularly contributing seasonista who would give a fellow seasonista a thumbs down on their videos.
Just point blank refuse to believe it!

The general YouTube world on the other hand ...........

I agree with Pa. I’ve only ever gotten one thumbs down (that I know of) and I probably deserve at least one a week! Seasonistas are the kindest most welcoming bunch of people, so it must have been someone from outside the community. That being said, it also could have been someone accidentally hitting the thumbs down button? I know I’ve done that before. When I went back for another listen, I discovered that I had got the wrong thumb, and quickly rectified my mistake.

I agree with Pa. I’ve only ever gotten one thumbs down (that I know of) and I probably deserve at least one a week! Seasonistas are the kindest most welcoming bunch of people, so it must have been someone from outside the community. That being said, it also could have been someone accidentally hitting the thumbs down button? I know I’ve done that before. When I went back for another listen, I discovered that I had got the wrong thumb, and quickly rectified my mistake.

I get a thumbs down sometimes .... try not to worry about them. But they sting a little - as intended I guess.

I get a thumbs down sometimes .... try not to worry about them. But they sting a little - as intended I guess.

Forget the haters, Pa. You’re fantastic. I’m fact while I was washing the dishes yesterday, I spent 45 minutes camped out on your channel, and it was a very good time, indeed.

Forget the haters, Pa. You’re fantastic. I’m fact while I was washing the dishes yesterday, I spent 45 minutes camped out on your channel, and it was a very good time, indeed.

Gee, I know Pa is entertaining, but can't you get the dishes done faster than that?

I have haters too. Got thumbs down on 1/2 dozen or more clips. Just smile brothers. It's youtube, eh. Haters gonna hate.
And yah Benji, time for you to enrol in the Home-Economics class - or whatever they call it these days.
Either that or do the dishes more often man. :p

and lo, within an hour of making a video public, another dislike!
surely not a seasonista? we're a happy family, right? :biglaugh:

I have haters too. Got thumbs down on 1/2 dozen or more clips. Just smile brothers. It's youtube, eh. Haters gonna hate.
And yah Benji, time for you to enrol in the Home-Economics class - or whatever they call it these days.
Either that or do the dishes more often man. :p

45 minutes doesn’t seem so bad. I’m always shocked at how many dishes, and how thoroughly dirty, my nephew generates every day.

Top Bottom