Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

I came across these two, which on their own might have some merit, but in sequence as shown below, there is a different meaning...

3zj8jz5.jpg

bffb5020-dbe2-0133-e1b8-0e82a5619f43.jpg

Soon be easter and every country has its own special easter dish
In Finland it is call Mämmi though the Irish might call it solid Guinness
What will you be having for Easter???

ain't it the truth! we keep getting some sunshine, blue skies, and a little warmth, then BAM the temperature plummets and it starts snowing again!

Yeah. Hate it all like this.

Weather-folks predict it 'may' get up to 60 F here in NJ by end of week, but at 48 F here now, and just outside to get the mail, it 'feels' like freakin' summer to me now LOL...last week it was around 27 F at noontime with the sun shining and 2ft of snow everywhere...

Noel Gallagher had to come out with another album! yahoo! Sometimes it stinks living in the states since we don't hear when the new stuff is released elsewhere.

Yeah. Hate it all like this.

Weather-folks predict it 'may' get up to 60 F here in NJ by end of week, but at 48 F here now, and just outside to get the mail, it 'feels' like freakin' summer to me now LOL...last week it was around 27 F at noontime with the sun shining and 2ft of snow everywhere...

I look at my old gardening videos and this time last year all the snow had disappeared from the ground.
This year we still have half a meter. It's a most inclement climate for the season of the year. But at least
the air quality is good.

They also do well on the clothesline, where they can get some fresh air and vitamin D; just don't leave them out too long.

Whatever you do, don't feed them through a mangle: it leaves creases that are a devil to iron out.

LOL

:smileybounce:

puts some perspective on the troubles a new uker can go through.

I was going to say something clever, but it might offend some folks, and I will instead just say that after 4 mins of this video, I could not watch to the end.

If anything, as a uke newbie, this video would make me avoid the Populele like the plague.

he got pretty good pretty fast! although clearly he had a lot of music and other instrument knowledge before he started. i never did get past the "ow, my strumming finger!" thing, which is why i can't do "proper" uke strumming! most of all though...................... i HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE when people smash up a uke on purpose in a vid. i don't care how cheap the uke might be. it's just so wrong and such a waste

he got pretty good pretty fast! although clearly he had a lot of music and other instrument knowledge before he started. i never did get past the "ow, my strumming finger!" thing, which is why i can't do "proper" uke strumming! most of all though...................... i HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE when people smash up a uke on purpose in a vid. i don't care how cheap the uke might be. it's just so wrong and such a waste

Agreed, Lynda! Not too keen on anyone smashing up anything ... as a matter of principle! (You should see me split wood for kindling, though!)

See John Hiatt, “Perfectly Good Guitar” :)

i was cringing when he was practicing during the first day and the uke was badly out of tune. people still have to put the hours in to learn the instrument. I wish he could have put some emphasis on that. As for the populele instrument, i don't like that it teaches people to stare at the fretboard. To each their own I guess.

I managed about 7 minutes. The best part was at the start where he was taking the pee out of the Populele ads, he was right on the money there :D. I quite like the quirky look of it, and it sounded alright to me, in spite of the daft name Populele :rolleyes:. I didn’t see the bit where a Uke is smashed up. I don’t like to see instruments smashed up either.....ok,maybe kazoos, but generally speaking I hate it. There’s a clip somewhere of a recent show with Pete Townsend playing Pinball Wizard on a beautiful Gibson J200, which he then smashes to bits :(

Top Bottom