Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

shame these are sold out. I wanted to try it for entertainment on my birthday this year.

i think it's my uas, my gas :)eek: :uhoh: that's guitar acquisition syndrome, not wind), my all purpose ius (instrument acquisition syndrome) that's really the problem here. i can't help but think, nooooooooooooooooo, that's 6 ukes/guitaleles/guitars i could have adopted! i suppose my message to the guitar and uke smashing world - is - don't just throw them........... throw them my way! ;)

mmmmmmmmmmmmm i dunno, there is still just about room to turn round in my flat............ space for a sopranino or two mebbe?;)

Doesn't everyone know that Ukes are like Pokemon -

"Gotta catch 'em all!"

and that dorm-room wall poster that was popular in the late 1980's that said:

"He who dies with the most toys, wins!"

and had some well-dressed, Dapper-Dan type in a fancy suit with an ascot, leaning back against a red Lamborghini Countach with a glass of wine in his hand...

It's official... after having a fresh 15cm of snow today.
I have decided to put an end to winter and all it stands for.

For your pleasure :)

(video omitted here)

Sounds great, and the video was very well done. The lip-syncing is almost perfect too.

Something like this must taken days of work in editing to get it to look this good.

Thanks for sharing Linda! :)

It's official... after having a fresh 15cm of snow today.
I have decided to put an end to winter and all it stands for....

Last night here in NJ, USA after one week of warmth (16 C/62 F) we got 30cm of snow, heavy wet snow. Now it is about half melted.

I hate this weather. I wanna be warm again. :(

Last night here in NJ, USA after one week of warmth (16 C/62 F) we got 30cm of snow, heavy wet snow. Now it is about half melted.
I hate this weather. I wanna be warm again. :(

On a serious note the farmers in Finland are beginning to talk about crop failure,
sine there is so much snow about. They fear that it will be very late before they
can plant their seeds in the ground, and there will not be enough time for the
crops to mature, leading to crop failure. The situation is made worse by the fact
that the EU have put quotas on what crops a country can grow to prevent
over production and to stabilise prices. Regulation works when the weather is
good and everything is fine, but it is being said the grain belts right through
Russian, Eastern Europe and Scandinavia will suffer, and as a result we will see
price hikes in food prices. I follow a gardener in Dakota and last week he had no
snow and this week he had a good 20 cm, so it seems to be a phenomena that is
happening all across the Northern Hemisphere.

So we recently moved to a slightly different area that makes my commute a lot easier and puts my wife a lot closer to her mum. Great all round, but then I discovered there's a music shop just a few miles down the road that actually carries a decent variety of ukes.

Great for some weekend browsing as there's a cool looking florist next door so my better half can indulge in her passions too, but it's a blessing and a curse. Because it means this majestic beast sits just 10 minutes drive from my house but a million miles outside of my budget:

29n82dx.jpg

For those wondering, the shopkeeper tells me it's hand-made in Tasmania, he carries a few other electric ukes from the same maker. One neck is Tenor, one is Baritone, but if by some miracle I ended up with it I'd probably have the Bari in Low G and the Tenor in High.

I must have it. But I can't.

So we recently moved to a slightly different area that makes my commute a lot easier and puts my wife a lot closer to her mum. Great all round, but then I discovered there's a music shop just a few miles down the road that actually carries a decent variety of ukes.

Great for some weekend browsing as there's a cool looking florist next door so my better half can indulge in her passions too, but it's a blessing and a curse. Because it means this majestic beast sits just 10 minutes drive from my house but a million miles outside of my budget:

29n82dx.jpg

For those wondering, the shopkeeper tells me it's hand-made in Tasmania, he carries a few other electric ukes from the same maker. One neck is Tenor, one is Baritone, but if by some miracle I ended up with it I'd probably have the Bari in Low G and the Tenor in High.

I must have it. But I can't.

I suppose the luthier must only make for export because I've never heard of Hanni Music... I wonder if Jon or Caspet knows anything about them.

Top Bottom