Page 179 of 183 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 1828

Thread: Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

Sorry to hear that, all the best.
    Keith M --> likes a long neck - & being different.....

Quote Originally Posted by pabrizzer View Post
    Been getting quite a few comments on the 'new' look. It wasn't by choice.
    Hadn't been to the skin doctors for quite a few years and he suggested i shave off the beard to have a good look. i also have a lot of skin cancers to be removed around the face and ears (and back) so I could be looking like a partially dressed mummy in future vids. Already had one done near right ear with lots of stitches but it looks like it may heal pretty well.
    I hate shaving so the beard will be back but the doc suggests I shave for my now mandatory yearly checks.
    I was worried that might have been the explanation.

Sorry to hear mate, hopefully they've caught it early enough that it doesn't turn into a serious problem.
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

jackluis - i think very young kids like your granddaughter and newphews tend to be thrilled to get ANY song going on a uke! super simple 2 chord songs are a great idea, traditional songs or any style of popular music work - i think it's a bit older kids, teens and maybe nearly teens, who might be more concerned about doing chart songs they know

googling 2, 3 and even 1 chord songs would be a great start

Hadn't been to the skin doctors for quite a few years and he suggested i shave off the beard to have a good look. i also have a lot of skin cancers to be removed around the face and ears (and back) so I could be looking like a partially dressed mummy in future vids. Already had one done near right ear with lots of stitches but it looks like it may heal pretty well.
    I hate shaving so the beard will be back but the doc suggests I shave for my now mandatory yearly checks.
    Ouch. Hope everything that needs finding has been found, and that the healing goes to plan.
    Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander
    Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor"
    Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box
    ...all with Worth strings
    ...and a few chords

stay safe pa. I will keep my beard extra long for the both of us.
    Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BuddyJesusSmokes
    http://www.reverbnation.com/musician/ohmless
    Ukulele start date: November 1st, 2013
    Cordoba 15CM concert uke
    Soprano Mickey Mouse uke
    Soprano Risa Stick uke

Sorry to hear that Pa. I hope it's been found in time and you don't have to go through Chemo. I've just seen my daughter go through chemo and it was a pretty rough time for her, though she kept positive and kept on with her nursing course. I was lucky with mine (bowel cancer) it hadn't gone too far and was dealt with by surgery.
    Geoff Walker

I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

at least, not yet.

I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

Well wishes from me too pabrizzer. you haven't said what kind of skin cancer so Im hoping you've caught it in time. Glad you listening to the Dr. Better safe then sorry! And, speedy recovery!

I've had some Actinic Keratosis pre-cancers electively removed until I read they can be removed with ACV with mother. I just removed another that I noticed last week. I soaked a small ball of cotton and slept with it under a bandage last Thursday. One night and gone! Took 4 days to get rid of it.

You can't be too careful with these things.
    Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by bird's eye view of my ukelele View Post
    jackluis - i think very young kids like your granddaughter and newphews tend to be thrilled to get ANY song going on a uke! super simple 2 chord songs are a great idea, traditional songs or any style of popular music work - i think it's a bit older kids, teens and maybe nearly teens, who might be more concerned about doing chart songs they know

googling 2, 3 and even 1 chord songs would be a great start
    Ha Ha Ha, I did what you suggested and got a bazillion ref's!

Thanks for the "HINT".

I'm such a newbie when it comes to music and have a poor memory of my childhood songs, that I need some reminders now and again ( or as my wife says Again and Again!)

One of the first One Chord songs suggested was "Put the Lime In the Coconut" in C7. it was suggested to use three inversions of the chord and that would be real good to have the older kids play one and the younger kids play 0001 and still they could all participate in the singing. I'm going to put that in the first lesson to get people singing and DDuD strumming.

Here's a quick share: Sunday night my uke band was playing a local tavern. Great crowd, Packers just won so everyone's happy. Two of our seven members can't make it, our harmonica player and our bass player. We got a sub bassist, she was terrific but she didn't really know any of our songs. Our bandleader forgets his trumpet, which he plays on a few numbers. Our leader also added a couple of songs which we hadn't rehearsed. Very unusual for us.

So, myself, and our percussionist take our our kazoos, and our lead uke grabs a slide whistle. We started cracking wise, blaring kazoos at inappropriate times, telling jokes, and in general we were totally nuts.It was a weird, wild, out-of-control show. And the crowd loved it. I was having so much fun my face actually started hurting from smiling.

Goes to show ya, sometimes when things go wrong, they go right!
    Randy - Harry122
    "Whether or not you can ever become great at something, you can always become better at it." - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by Harry122 View Post
    Here's a quick share: Sunday night my uke band was playing a local tavern. Great crowd, Packers just won so everyone's happy. Two of our seven members can't make it, our harmonica player and our bass player. We got a sub bassist, she was terrific but she didn't really know any of our songs. Our bandleader forgets his trumpet, which he plays on a few numbers. Our leader also added a couple of songs which we hadn't rehearsed. Very unusual for us.

So, myself, and our percussionist take our our kazoos, and our lead uke grabs a slide whistle. We started cracking wise, blaring kazoos at inappropriate times, telling jokes, and in general we were totally nuts.It was a weird, wild, out-of-control show. And the crowd loved it. I was having so much fun my face actually started hurting from smiling.

Goes to show ya, sometimes when things go wrong, they go right!
    Sounds like a great gig Randy. You know you're having fun when you get grinning pains...

Thread Information