Page 192 of 222 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 2220

Thread: Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

Quote Originally Posted by robinboyd View Post
    Oh weird. Maybe it's blocked in the UK for copyright reasons... Oh well...
    Some videos don't show up on tablets when embedded. Vimeo is one that doesn't so I always try and remember to add a plain link underneath when I embed a Vimeo video. It's the same on the harmonica forum which uses different forum software than UU so it's not specifically UU nor is it about being blocked in a particular country. In the latter case there's usually a message on the video when you try to play it
    Geoff Walker

I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

at least, not yet.

I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

Quote Originally Posted by Tootler View Post
    Some videos don't show up on tablets when embedded. Vimeo is one that doesn't so I always try and remember to add a plain link underneath when I embed a Vimeo video. It's the same on the harmonica forum which uses different forum software than UU so it's not specifically UU nor is it about being blocked in a particular country. In the latter case there's usually a message on the video when you try to play it
    Well, this should work http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6232uu

We're staying in caravan park at Seal Rocks NSW.
    Went over to have our evening meal in the camp kitchen.
    There was a guy there playing guitar (quite well too). I got talking, Had a go of his guitar and told him I now play uke more often than guitar. Went back to get my Flea - which always travels with me - and we had a bit of a jam.
    When he left I kept playing and singing a little too. 6 other cookers and diners came and I just kept on playing while my wife prepared our meal (we take turns with meal duty). Some of them were humming along and tapping their feet.
    One lady asked if I was professional muso - which boosted my ego considerably. When we left all three couples thanked me for the music and said how much they enjoyed it.
    Not something I often do but I was pleased enough with the reaction to share it here.

Nice to feel appreciated, isn't it.

And, I'd agree with that woman, you certainly play like a 'pro'.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.
    Formerly known as uke1950.

Nice Pa. We were camping last month and was asked to put it away. At least they were polite about it. Guess I need more practice.
    Andy

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
    ~A.W.E. O'Shaughnessy

Quote Originally Posted by robinboyd View Post
    In case anyone wonders what I'm doing when I'm not uking, here I am in a Japanese TV show. The relevant segment starts at around the 8:35 mark.
    So is that you doing the voice over?
    Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

Quote Originally Posted by pabrizzer View Post
    There was a guy there playing guitar (quite well too). I got talking, Had a go of his guitar and told him I now play uke more often than guitar. Went back to get my Flea - which always travels with me - and we had a bit of a jam.
    When he left I kept playing and singing a little too. 6 other cookers and diners came and I just kept on playing while my wife prepared our meal (we take turns with meal duty). Some of them were humming along and tapping their feet.
    One lady asked if I was professional muso - which boosted my ego considerably. When we left all three couples thanked me for the music and said how much they enjoyed it.
    Not something I often do but I was pleased enough with the reaction to share it here.
    Thats great Brian. You do sing and play like a pro. I woulda been joining in too! I went to my granddaughters chorus concert the other night and a little guy had his uke out strumming something while he patiently waited for the concert to start. That put a big smile on my face
    Only wish I was so brave. Im afraid Id come off annoying!

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Pavement View Post
    Nice Pa. We were camping last month and was asked to put it away. At least they were polite about it. Guess I need more practice.
    Now this!....This would happen to me. Id be crushed! No need to practice Trent. They must have been old cranks!
    Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanDP View Post
    So is that you doing the voice over?
    Nah. I'm just happy they didn't dub over me when I was speaking Japanese in the car park.

Quote Originally Posted by uke1950 View Post
    Nice to feel appreciated, isn't it.

And, I'd agree with that woman, you certainly play like a 'pro'.
    I would have loved to join you too!
    1:5255
    My Quiver: S & J Craft Milo Tenor "Liliu" six string custom and Milo and Lychee concert by Emil Bader
    Pono PKT-1 Koa Tenor w/MiSi, Lanikai LU-21T - Autographed!, Hikare CU 528 Baritone
    R&L all koa mini concert, Mainland Gecko, Epiphone Les Paul Vintage, Kala Concert
    Compass Rose 5 string
    Nothin' left to do but : ) : ) : )

Quote Originally Posted by pabrizzer View Post
    An evening around the camp kitchen with an impromptu concert by Pa sounds like a special night to me! It's nice to get some positive feedback from an appreciative audience.

I did some impromptu backyard BBQ performances this summer and got some similar responses. It was a group of my wife's horse set and I did a couple of horse related numbers that went over particularly well. "Since She Started to Ride" by Jonathan Richman and "She Loves to Ride Horses" by Guy Clark had them rolling in the aisles and begging for encores. That was a hoot!

Thread Information