Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

Good on ya Wesley. A fine wee beast you have there Mark. Breakfast looked yummy too.

In other news, well done Kangaroos (said through gritted teeth). Great game, real edge of the seat stuff, fantastically competitive n full on. Just wrong result for us :(

Good on ya Wesley. A fine wee beast you have there Mark. Breakfast looked yummy too.

In other news, well done Kangaroos (said through gritted teeth). Great game, real edge of the seat stuff, fantastically competitive n full on. Just wrong result for us :(

Yes ... watched that as well; definitely the wrong result!

Yeah wasn't expecting us to get that close to them, just had an answer for everything. Great game and England definitely improved as the tournament went on. Hopefully we can bridge the gap a bit more next year.

Mark and Westley, What a great way to start the day!
Rob, I hate grocery shopping. No patience of that.
But, I do say the flaming salmon looks great!
This morning I skipped the kale and went straight for a piece of pumpkin pie topped with real sweet cream. Just a big sliver :)
Then I tried some oatmeal top with brown sugar and milk.
Not near as good as dessert for breakfast!

Val, I hope the snow plow has shown up. This is for you!

Ever hear of house swapping for the holidays?
You could enjoy my 72º desert while I sit by a crackling fire and enjoy a nice quiet white Christmas.
If you will plan to load my tree up with gifts for 14 grandchildren and entertain them all on Christmas Eve and Christmas day its a deal!

They love crepes with all the trimmings, sweet and savory!
Put the ham in for lunch and your good to go.
Don't forget they all open PJ and get a Christmas ornament from you after you've enjoyed a walk through the lights at the zoo.
I will leave you plenty of wrapping paper and tape.
The tree is already up and waiting for you :)

We will reach 82º today with an average 66º on Christmas day.
Seriously, how could you pass this up?

147891155.SMrP5i7F.ArizonasChristmasTree.jpg

Just cold Here! Live right on the sea (Well, the Solent), so there's too much salt in the air to get any snow. Barely even get frost.

Ever hear of house swapping for the holidays?
You could enjoy my 72º desert while I sit by a crackling fire and enjoy a nice quiet white Christmas.
If you will plan to load my tree up with gifts for 14 grandchildren and entertain them all on Christmas Eve and Christmas day its a deal!

They love crepes with all the trimmings, sweet and savory!
Put the ham in for lunch and your good to go.
Don't forget they all open PJ and get a Christmas ornament from you after you've enjoyed a walk through the lights at the zoo.
I will leave you plenty of wrapping paper and tape.
The tree is already up and waiting for you :)

What a WONDERFUL suggestion, Linda! This is a most generous offer! It is exceedingly considerate of you to think of leaving the wrapping paper and tape. Unfortunately, I shall have to decline this year as we shall be visiting our four (yes, ONLY FOUR!) grandchildren in the UK,where, hopefully, it won't be snowing. I could use the tree, though, if you wouldn't mind sending it over.

And Ryan ... oh, you don't want to come and stay! (Know Portsmouth well, as we normally use the Caen/Portsmouth ferry route when we drive back to the UK.)

The view from and surrounding area of the Portsmouth ferry port is possibly the most depressing welcome to the UK you could ever hope to have!

What a WONDERFUL suggestion, Linda! This is a most generous offer! It is exceedingly considerate of you to think of leaving the wrapping paper and tape. Unfortunately, I shall have to decline this year as we shall be visiting our four (yes, ONLY FOUR!) grandchildren in the UK,where, hopefully, it won't be snowing. I could use the tree, though, if you wouldn't mind sending it over.

Dont worry I can take care of your 4 with my eyes closed and my hand tied behind my back.
I'll book the tickets for the both of us :D

Oh, Linda ... thank you!!! (You're very kind, but I don't WANT a white Christmas ... already had more than enough "white" for the moment!)

Snow, I'll give you snow. You can have 4 months of it in the year.
You have your blizzards, your sleet, your wet snow, your slush
you powder snow, light snow, heavy snow, compacted snow
frozen snow, melting snow, the snow that covers the litter and grit
the snow that melts to reveal old crisp packets, cigarette stumps
dog poo, and the debris of four months of winter. Don't talk to me
about snow... I have shovelled enough of it to fill a swimming pool
ten times over. Why only this weekend...

Top Bottom