Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

...I wouldn't say that I KNOW 365 songs ...

There are two books that you could mine for material both 'Daily Ukulele' and 'Daily Ukulele: Leap Year edition' by Jim and Liz Beloff.

Each book has 365 songs made easy to play for ukulele. There is also a baritone version.

Most of the songs are in the key of C or G, and easy enough, and every song includes the chord pictographs at the top of the page, as well as the melody line on a staff of standard notation, with the chord changes indicated.

see here: http://dailyukulele.com/

Hooking up an external microphone to a smartphone for making youtube videos using a OTG adaptor.

Fantastic idea Steve. I will bookmark your blog so I can keep tabs on it and, obviously, donate a quid or two. Personally, I’d like to see you play “I’m in love with Margaret Thatcher” by the Not Sensibles, but failing that, if you could shoehorn a Rutles tune in somewhere, I will pay handsomely....well, a tenner anyway :D

The Rutles are looking likely...

I want a full-length rendition of Bat Out of Hell

but Meat Loaf isn't...:cool:

Has anybody heard how Tommy is doing? It's been sometime since I've seen an entry or a comment from him. I remember he was experiencing some health problems, but not sure where it is at. Maybe I've missed something because I don't visit this thread very often. Anyone with any news?

It is unlike Tommy to be away so long. Sure hope he is OK!

He hasn't posted lately on his FB either. His wife posted a picture of him in July mentioning he needed a kidney. 20292669_1380300798749139_830955339525449654_n.jpg I've messaged her and will let you know how he's doing.

Steve there are a lot of great resources on the Dr Uke site. Almost all the songs are under two minutes but they are definitely not 2 or 3 chord songs. They are however really fun to play! Most are jazz songs with those great jazz chords.

"Bohemian Rhapsody" please, Steve! (Condensed to two-and-a-half minutes.)
Filed under "if I'm getting desperate by November..."

Steve there are a lot of great resources on the Dr Uke site. Almost all the songs are under two minutes but they are definitely not 2 or 3 chord songs. They are however really fun to play! Most are jazz songs with those great jazz chords.
Thanks Linda - that's one place I haven't been to yet.

There are LOTS of short country songs with only 3 chords. Lots more with 4 chords, I IV V vi, that kind of thing.
I already have quite a number of those, a lot of them gathered here when they were sung by people like yourself! And thanks to your suggestion of In-a-gadda-da-vida, I ended up yesterday listening to that album for the first time in 40+ years. Every cloud...

Filed under "if I'm getting desperate by November..."

Thanks Linda - that's one place I haven't been to yet.

I already have quite a number of those, a lot of them gathered here when they were sung by people like yourself! And thanks to your suggestion of In-a-gadda-da-vida, I ended up yesterday listening to that album for the first time in 40+ years. Every cloud...

Oops! Sorry about that. LOL!

I saw Jake for the first time ever, last night at the Mayo Performing Arts Center (MPAC) in Morristown, NJ.

Fellow UU brother ScooterD35, he and I went together:

Scooter_and_Booli.jpg

(photo courtesy of Scooter)

Next is the view of the stage from our seats in row 22, about 75 ft from the stage:

view_from_our_seats.jpg

(photo courtesy of Scooter)

Fellow UU brother and Morristown Uke Jam founder Marco Dutton was there:

MarcoD_and_Booli.jpg

and of course, I got to meet Jake, talked with him, got an autograph and a selfie:

Jake_and_Booli.jpg

Amazing show. Loved it and Jake was top notch.

Mahalo.

Wow, very cool, Booli! I'm so glad you got to go hear him. And thanks for the pics.
We are thinking of getting tickets for the Tommy Emmanuel/Jake Shimabukuru concert coming up in Clearwater.

Top Bottom