Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

I think I just got comments from non-Seasonistas on my most recent video. That's a first. I'm used to getting lovely comments from Seasonistas, but I rarely think that others might view my videos, let along like what they see.

Either that, or I just don't recognise the people and they are actually Seasonistas...

I think I just got comments from non-Seasonistas on my most recent video. That's a first. I'm used to getting lovely comments from Seasonistas, but I rarely think that others might view my videos, let along like what they see.

Either that, or I just don't recognise the people and they are actually Seasonistas...

I get comments from strangers occasionally. Bt usually they're just "Please sub me."

There's a lot of Miyazaki fans out there. I've seen people post ukulele versions of several songs from Miyazaki films on the "Links and Videos" board over the years, usually as instrumentals.

I get comments from strangers occasionally. Bt usually they're just "Please sub me."

I get those and many of them are dumped into the potential spam folder by YT. I do get a few comments from non Seasonistas as well. Occasionally accompanied by requests for chords or strum patterns. It's easy enough to add a lyrics and chords to the comments under the video.

If it was from Anthony Lazaro he's a new Seasonista. I think 266 is his second season. Also, he's really good.

You did well to get outside comments Robin, there's some fantastic stuff on YT that have zero or very few comments.
We're lucky here to have a small captive audience where our music is listened to and commented on.
My observation is that an outsider generally has to either have a great following already or plug their vids to gain attention, get listened to and receive comments. They basically have to work at it to have their stuff heard as there's a vast sea of us ukers out there on the tube.

Last edited:
If it was from Anthony Lazaro he's a new Seasonista. I think 266 is his second season. Also, he's really good.

One of them was from him, but I realised pretty quickly that he was a new seasonista. Yes, he's amazing! The other one was from someone called Jasongpeirce, who has uploaded a few music videos, but no seasons videos that I can see. He's also very good. Perhaps a potential future seasonista.

I'm working on a second song, this one in Indonesian, a language I actually speak fairly well. That said, this task really points out how some words are really hard for non-native speakers to sing fluently and in rhythm.

The word I'm struggling with is "ketidakpastian", which means 'uncertainty'... Lots of syllables and hard consonants in that word.

I'm working on a second song, this one in Indonesian, a language I actually speak fairly well. That said, this task really points out how some words are really hard for non-native speakers to sing fluently and in rhythm.

The word I'm struggling with is "ketidakpastian", which means 'uncertainty'... Lots of syllables and hard consonants in that word.

That is so weird. I have a little trouble with "ketidakpastian" myself! :D:D:D:D

Joko, BEVOMU was not feeling well and has been offline. Contact Booli if you've questions, as he shared this information with me. Linda

I'm so sorry to hear that, Linda. Lynda is such a joy. I hope she feels better and at least checks in once in awhile. Her T-Rex obsession and general good cheer always are a source of delight.

Gotta share this one, the sky high talent of Mr. Emmerson on a Cordoba Mini M .........

Pickup question for the table

Howdy, Seasonistas --

I want to electrify a uke (or add a new one to the stable) so I could go to open mics or larger jams. I don't want to spend much money. And I really would prefer not to buy a new uke because I may not give it a lot of love.

If I decided to retrofit, it would probably be the Fluke and would be done by a pro.

If I bought a new/ish one, I'd be looking for an inexpensive laminate (Cordoba, Kala, etc.) concert or maybe tenor. Something in the $200 or under range.

Any recommendations?

Does adding a pickup to a uke you own change the playability when you're unplugged?

Thanks, y'all.

I have a stick on pick up on my bari which I have used at open mike and performances.
It was very inexpensive, only a few dollars. It is as good as what you plug it into. A good sound man and good gear can make it sound brill with the opposite also being true.
They are available on ebay.

There's been a lot of talk lately about the iRig Acoustic Stage, which looks like a pretty good option for open mic nights etc (says me, but I know nothing really). Anyway the thread about it, and mentioning some of the alternatives is here:

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?125196-NEW-iRig-Acoustic-Stage-99

Personally I have a passive pickup in one of my ukuleles which is fine with my own little amp, but at an open mic you probably want something that gives you some control over your own sound, hence my mention of the iRig acoustic. Anyway, don't listen to me, but that thread will give you some ideas.

My Baritone came with an under saddle pickup already fitted and it works fine. First time I tried it there was very little signal but new batteries in the preamp unit fixed that. It also sounds well played acoustically as well. For my other ukes, I use a stick on pickup by microvox. It is stuck on with a little velcro pad. They are actually miniature condenser mics and need their psu. I clip it to my belt for open mics and it works fine. With a decent sound man, I've not noticed problems with feedback which can be a problem with clip on type pickups.

This is the one I use: http://www.microvox.co.uk/banjopage.htm I stick some self adhesive velcro (loopy side) near the bridge to put the little "bug" on to.
And these are the puss: http://www.microvox.co.uk/psu.htm

I use the mini psu which, as I said earlier, can be clipped to your belt.

I believe they do have a US dealership. You will have to search round their website.

Personally I have a passive pickup in one of my ukuleles which is fine with my own little amp, but at an open mic you probably want something that gives you some control over your own sound

With a passive pickup at an open mic, you need to take a preamp. There is a low cost one by Behringer which a lot of people recommend. ADI 41 I think is the model number. I'm sure Booli will be here before long to tell us more.

Top Bottom