Page 230 of 231 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231 LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 2306

Thread: Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

ALSO - was just plinking on my jupiter creek solid body electric bari uke, and the single (neck) pickup on that is slightly higher on the bass side, and that uke is totally the cat's pyjamas, and very very nicely set up, so i think it's all good with the clearwater
    lynda

Thanks Lynda!

Definitely changing it to Low G ASAP, I need it for the sort of songs I wanna play on it

That's a relief on the pickup, and what you say definitely makes sense.

It's weird. I used to need a pick all the time when I used to play electric guitar, a few years fingerpicking/strumming on the uke has meant that a pick on this feels a bit clumsy now.

I'll post a picture of the action later and compare it to my other ukes I think. It does seem pretty low, but there's no fret buzz I've noticed.

Edit: just posted a vid on Keith's season. At the start and end I do some fingerpicking on the two high strings and I don't get much of a sound out of it. Strumming is fine though. I set it to the bridge pickup but keep strumming over the neck one as I would on a normal uke. May have to try strumming/picking over the bridge pickup for a more even sound.
    Last edited by RAB11; 01-05-2018 at 09:40 PM.
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Just in case you haven't seen it, there is a thread for electric ukes.

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...52#post2029252
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.
    Formerly known as uke1950.

You know I love electric uke, Ryan. I look forward to hearing your thoughts as you keep using this uke. I don’t have a steel string uke, but if/when I get another uke, I’ll probably get a steel string.
    Uke can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find uke get what you need!

YouTube: www.youtube.com/uke4ia

Quote Originally Posted by uke4ia View Post
    You know I love electric uke, Ryan. I look forward to hearing your thoughts as you keep using this uke. I don’t have a steel string uke, but if/when I get another uke, I’ll probably get a steel string.
    Just posted a brief review on Keith's thread if you're interested.

Spoiler: definitely something up with the pickups.
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

I haven't done much with my steel stringed uke (soprano konablaster) other than shielding it and having the nut cut and a low G installed. And so it sits at my shop in a flea case. When I first bought it after much tweaking of the presets on my guitar pedal earlier to get a good sound with nylon strings the steel strings and magnetic pickup just sound dead or perhaps better put compressed. Standard guitar presets sounded fine.

A few guys over the years when switching from nylon to steel recommend using aLaska Piks. http://www.alaskapik.com/
    This space reserved for a smart or witty comment or a famous quote. It may also be used to promote my accomplishments should I ever accomplish anything worth sharing.

good to see Berni playing at the npr 10th anniversary gig.

Quote Originally Posted by mountain goat View Post
    good to see Berni playing at the npr 10th anniversary gig.
    Was this after he did all those gigs with Led Zep?
    berni plant.jpg
    www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

That old WHORE frost.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Aloha friends...

You've not heard from me for a while cuz I been down with a bad case of the flu near about a week now...so

...little energy for computing things, and only able for lots of rest and chicken soup, etc until I get my strength back

Be well folks and those in northern hemispheres, please stay warm and keep safe...

Mahalo, Booli
    Just the FAQs __________Less > more.__________Serenity now, insanity later.

Thread Information