Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

Oh no! Disaster strikes! Right now, I'm on the road, touring northwestern Myanmar via motorbike. I think most of you have seen how I affix my uke case to my motorbike, putting the neck through the loop at the top of my backpack. Today, the uke was askew a bit, off to one side. Little did I notice the tip of case was now directly in front of the exhaust pipe. Over the course of my 160km today, the heat from the exhaust burned a hole in the case, then went to work on the uke itself. When I got to my destination, I found this:

30729134_10213653255864504_45776495021074805_n.jpg

Tuning pegs melted! bridge at the end of the neck melted, it even did a number on the nuts themselves! I don't know if this can be fixed, or if it's worth the cost. So, no more Seasons songs for me for the 3rd week of the trip.

Oh no! Disaster strikes! Right now, I'm on the road, touring northwestern Myanmar via motorbike. I think most of you have seen how I affix my uke case to my motorbike, putting the neck through the loop at the top of my backpack. Today, the uke was askew a bit, off to one side. Little did I notice the tip of case was now directly in front of the exhaust pipe. Over the course of my 160km today, the heat from the exhaust burned a hole in the case, then went to work on the uke itself. When I got to my destination, I found this:

Tuning pegs melted! bridge at the end of the neck melted, it even did a number on the nuts themselves! I don't know if this can be fixed, or if it's worth the cost. So, no more Seasons songs for me for the 3rd week of the trip.

That's tragic! I think a new cheap-ish uke beckons, while you work out how much of the old one can be salvaged.

30729134_10213653255864504_45776495021074805_n.jpg

Wow! It looks like toasted marshmallows!

Oh no! That is a tragedy Joko. Ill bet you were really blistered about that!

All jokoing aside it looks like you can repair that quite easily with new parts but as others have said how available will they be in Myanmar? Can you get things from ebay? Can I ship parts from America?

Let us know what we can do because we are the real losers here!

Edit: Just had a look at parts on ebay and you can get a set of machine heads and a nut for less than $20 american.

It looks to me like those tuners have melted themselves to the headstock. In that case you may need a plan B.

Last edited:
For BEV Saara Aalto sings the Finnish entry for the Euros in 34 multi language version.
o

m

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!

what a song!

what a singer!

and what a fabulous performance, it really sums up the ethos of eurovision!

thank you rob!!

it also takes me back to when every country sang in its own language, i miss that, most of the songs are performed in english now

it also just shows the power of one performer and a piano!!!! shall i start banging on about the campaign to get eurovision back to a live orchestra backing, rather than the highly produced pre-recorded backing tracks we have now? no i'll spare you that! lol!

P.S. just a couple of weeks to go! thank you for cranking up my excitement with that wonderful vid! i shall be cheering for finland as well as the UK - actually i cheer for everyone with the gumption to get up on that stage with a eurovision dream in their hearts! but wow, what a song!

I miss Tommy. I saw that he was on the site the other day, and was hoping he'd post to say hi.

I'd been thinking of asking here, but didn't know whether to or not, but he's been in my thoughts just lately - it's been a while since we heard anything - hopefully 'no news is good news' as they say.

If he pops in here every now and again I wish he would give us an update.

Tommy if you see this just know that we are thinking of you!
xx

A while back I lost my capo... And I just found it!!! Yippee!!! Now my ukes are fully operational again!

p.s. don't tell Tiffany that it was where it was supposed to be the whole time..

A while back I lost my capo... And I just found it!!! Yippee!!! Now my ukes are fully operational again!

p.s. don't tell Tiffany that it was where it was supposed to be the whole time..

She's behind you !! :biglaugh:

Top Bottom